What Streaming Services Do You Use?

[1.0x] Discuss or share music, movies, television shows, or videos.
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

I don't really watch tv anymore. I buy some music and stream the rest through Youtube. I only watch movies a handful of times a year and usually either someone tossed a DVD at me or I see it in theaters.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 1 month ago

I don’t really use any. I usually watch it on tv or buy stuff on dvd most times. Though I did watch some anime on some sites (Viz and stuff). But not often.

Deleted User 136
Reactions:

Post by Deleted User 136 » 3 weeks ago

I tend to just rip from DVDs/CDs that I own (which I tend to prefer generally having a physical copy of a CD for), or torrent/etc usually.

Never particularly cared for streaming services, to be honest. Though in general I’m not a media fan outside music so...

Yumika
Cutie
Reactions:

Post by Yumika » 3 weeks ago

Trust your own rips. I also love the physical aspects of owning a CD/DVD. I'd rather put up with cassettes or vinyl than subscribe to Spotify or any other streaming service! :3

Deleted User 136
Reactions:

Yumika wrote:
3 weeks ago
Trust your own rips. I also love the physical aspects of owning a CD/DVD. I'd rather put up with cassettes or vinyl than subscribe to Spotify or any other streaming service! :3
Same here, to be honest. At least I know I can keep the stuff and honestly, subscription services not only lack benefits for the industry (unlike pirating even, which back in the day a lot of people would download a few files and quite a lot of the time would legitimately buy the album they downloaded and follow/support the artist further), but also detracts the music experience as a whole. Focus is now on stuff like individual singles and getting playback hits on streaming rather than actually loyal fans who will support them wherever they go (which is somewhat the issue with Discord too where people won’t support others unless they’re there).

Plus at least pirating is honest about things, unlike the manipulation going on behind streaming’s back, lol...

Oh and I dislike remastered audio or remixed audio especially when a label decides to make it impossible to obtain the normal one through ordinary means. Most remastered audio sounds too crackly and sharp rather than what it was meant to sound like.

By any chance do you collect vinyls?

Yumika
Cutie
Reactions:

Post by Yumika » 3 weeks ago

DRM is pure evil. The plebs don't care, though.

I miss the days when downloading was seen as "evil", so that people who wanted to support the artists were going out to record stores and getting the albums themselves.

Yup, fuck remasters and re-recordings.

I kinda used to collect them. Not anymore. It makes zero sense to collect vinyl reissues, since they are purely digitally sourced. What's the point? Just get the CD at half the cost.

Deleted User 136
Reactions:

Reminds me of how someone once said this on Twitter in 2016:

“How are rules and DRM the same?
They’re both meant to be broken”

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 weeks ago

Yumika wrote:
3 weeks ago
DRM is pure evil. The plebs don't care, though.
DRM is a massive pain in the ass to people trying to use a product they bought legitimately, and it does nothing to deter piracy. Amazing!
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch