The Ill Fated Wii U

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

The Ill Fated Wii U

Post by Ravenfreak » 1 month ago

Yeah we all know the Wii U wasn’t successful at all compared to both it’s predecessor and it’s successor, but honestly I think it’s a good console! I just got one the other day and I am having a blast playing Super Mario 3D world and Sonic Lost World. I used to own a Wii U in the past but had to sell it. :\ So my question is, do you guys have any highly recommended games for the Wii U I should get? What are your thoughts on the console?

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Re: The Ill Fated Wii U

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

The Wii U's biggest flaw as far as I'm concerned is the name. You have to keep in mind a huge chunk of the market is going to be ignorant middle aged moms who buy these things for their kids so they're not going to understand the difference between the Wii and Wii U and think Lil Billy is wasting their hard earned cash.

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 1 month ago

Yeah I always thought that’s the main reason why it failed. xD It’s a shame though, but I can definitely see it. I think I’ve even read stories online about parents going to GameStop and being confused.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

It's not the ONLY reason it failed but it's a huge part I think. It also doesn't help that it wasn't much more powerful than the Wii and it just didn't get a lot of games and especially now with pretty much anything that was relevant on the Wii U now on the Switch the console has lost any purpose.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 1 month ago

I honestly liked the system. I didn't play it enough, but most of what I played anyway was usually Zelda games. I really liked the HD versions of the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on it.

Spook of the lost
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost » 3 days ago

I love my Wii U.

I think it had a lot of untapped potential as a console and I see that a lot in the games.

I picked it up right around when they discontinued it, got a good deal on it off craigslist, and gave it a good home.

since then I try to pick up games when I find them, I want a complete library at some point.