Emulators

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Ashley
Cutie

Emulators

Post by Ashley » 4 weeks ago

Do you use any emulators on your computer or portable devices like tablets or smartphones? Right now I'm using Fire GBA on my tablet and I love it. I play Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga a lot

Jamie
Cutie

Re: Emulators

Post by Jamie » 4 weeks ago

I have a RPi 3B+ which does the job nicely for emulation.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 4 weeks ago

I use a PS2 emulator, but that's about the extent of my experience with them.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Jamie
Cutie

@MeowsePad, you should consider looking into the old 8-bit computers of the 80s (things like the Commodore 64, BBC Micro, ZX Spectrum and all the other cool stuff from back then), which were all the rage over here if you want something to emulate.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Ravenfreak
Cutie
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 4 weeks ago

I like Retroarch, it's a all in one emulator. Any old computer/console you can think of it emulates it. :P

Jamie
Cutie

I do like the bells and whistles and that whole "integrated" functionality with things like controls and the like you get with RetroArch. Shame the XP version is more or less useless, its best use could have been on old netbooks (where XP outperforms any version of Linux), but because OpenGL 2 is the minimum the commonly-used GMA950 on early netbooks won't function.

That said, anything starting from say, Vista SP1 era machines and up and it runs pretty beautifully.

Cassieboo
Administrator

Post by Cassieboo » 3 weeks ago

Someone *coughcough* was supposed to put a game cube emulator on my PC for me but hasn't yet :3 Luckily they are cute so can get away with it lol

Jamie
Cutie

Post by Jamie » 3 weeks ago

I can PM you or MeowsePad a GameCube redump torrent, if you like. GC ROMs are incredibly hard to find clean rips of now.

Ravenfreak
Cutie
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 3 weeks ago

Oh another thing, for development purposes when it comes to Sega Master System/Game Gear I stick with Emulicious, and for Gameboy development I use bgb. They're both accurate emulators with tons of helpful tools, for those who want to develop/hack games for those handhelds.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 weeks ago

Cassieboo wrote:
3 weeks ago
Someone *coughcough* was supposed to put a game cube emulator on my PC for me but hasn't yet :3 Luckily they are cute so can get away with it lol
oops
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch