Ravenfreak's Thoughts on the Final Fantasy series!

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 3 weeks ago

If you do plan on starting with VII, keep in mind there are three spin-off games that go with it. I don't want to give away anything about them if you do decide on playing VII, plus I don't even think you can play Before Crisis seeing how it was a Japanese Mobile exclusive from the mid 00's. You don't have to play the spin off games, but I feel they give you a slight better understanding of some of the characters. For someone diving into FF, I'd go with VI but maybe it's because that was the first title I sat down and played. I haven't played any of the newer ones after VII, and I have watched one of my friends play X2 a bit in the past but that's it so I can't vouch for those games just yet. Just keep in mind that Final Fantasy is very grind heavy, and you need to explore everything to obtain the best weapons and summons. It's a JRPG, after all. Mystic Quest would be a good suggestion if you haven't played many turned based RPGs, but it's pretty easy compared to the other titles.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 weeks ago

I didn't realize that the games weren't really connected to each other. :O That's nice. I might have to look into it a bit more and figure out which one I'd want to start with.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Yumika
Cutie
Reactions:

Post by Yumika » 2 weeks ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
2 weeks ago
I didn't realize that the games weren't really connected to each other. :O That's nice. I might have to look into it a bit more and figure out which one I'd want to start with.
If plot is your preference, try Final Fantasy VI. It's also the last (fully) 2D entry in the series, so you get to experience the 16-bit format get pushed to its limit. The characters are plenty and well-developed, and for much of the game, you're not forced to have anyone in your party. It's also a pretty easy game, so you won't have to worry about grinding.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Re: Ravenfreak's Thoughts on the Final Fantasy series!

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 weeks ago

I do like plot, so that might be good. Thanks for the suggestion.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch