What games are you playing?

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

That sounds like quite the interesting challenge, Raven! You should share your progress with us as you go. I'm quite curious~

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 1 month ago

I might not be able to progress, I figured out that the glitch I encountered is from the damage calculation code in the game. I might be able to progress if I train my Weedle to a very high level. If I continue the run I'll definitely post updates. :)

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Post by Kaunisto » 1 month ago

The other day I had computer crash on Sims 2, costing me over 2 hours since last save.
That's probably record for the year, don't remember when last time took that much damage (because I'm usually pretty paranoid on saving constantly).

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

I've never played The Sims

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

I hadn't until now, neither of any of the numerous old Sim games - except Sim Copter demo back when. (I happen to have Sim Ant and Sim Life, but never really got into them.)

The Sims is an unusual phenom. For me it went like this:
1. for years I had assumed this is a sandbox thing, something I have hardly any interest in
2. I start playing and turns out there's a decent management strategy structure...
3. ...which makes it most addictive game ever! Worse than Civilization!
4. But then it turns out there's not really meaningful goals or ways to measure your success. It's a sandbox with rules (which in theory should be worse than complete sandbox).
5. And after few frenzied days I lose interest.
6. But I still want try all kinds of things, so bring out the cheats.
7. I'll probably start playing some sadistic games with my sims, seeing who's going to die last or so... (tbh that idea I got from a youtuber)

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

I started a Cubone only run of Blue version. I’m currently in Silph Co. and I’ve only had issues with Misty and Erika so far gym leader wise. I know once I get to the Elite Four Lorelei and Lance are going to be a pain in the butt.

Bonnie
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by Bonnie » 1 month ago

Just PES for now.

Also managed to refine my MKSC Sky Garden time, now at 14"90, #90 in the world ;)

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

I just beat the Elite Four and both Lorelei and my Rival were a pain! I ended up teaching my Cubone Seismic Toss, and Toxic and that’s how I was able to defeat both Lance’s and my Rival’s Gyarados! Bonemerang helped and so did Body Slam as well. Cubone was at level 83.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

I wish I had the old pokemon games. Or any pokemon games for that matter. I have some DS ones, but my 3DS is broken and I have a harder time with small screens than I used to...

But I played some 100% Orange Juice today and that was fun. I won as a character I'd never played before, which was cool.

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Trying to get started on Shadow Man (PC). It's surprised me as I was expecting a more generic shooter/action horror.
Still haven't got very far to really understand the nature of the game.