Where do you get your games from?

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 4 months ago

So I don't think we have a topic here yet about how you've obtained your games. Do you buy them from stores, have you obtained them from friends, or do you strictly just buy digital games? Most of my collection came from family, some came from friends, and some came from local stores and sites like ebay. Just today I got a lot of free games from a coworker of mine that I'll share in another thread. :P

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 4 months ago

It depends on the timeframe we're looking at. Up until about five years ago, I always bought my games at the store if they weren't gifted to me. Since then, though, I've mostly gotten games either through friends being overly generous or purchasing them myself digitally.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 4 months ago

Steam for digital and Amazon for physical usually. Very rarely I'll buy a game from Gamestop if I can make the stars align just right and get a better deal than I would elsewhere. Which does happen sometimes. The nearest local game shop has the most absurd prices on the planet. I can see why their profit is from cell phone repair because there's no way they're selling games when their prices can be $30-100+ dollars above prices online.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 4 months ago

I probably get most from Game Stop. Also used to get some as gifts either from my mom or my brother. Sometimes I get them digitally as well. I used to buy some from Ooogies when we had one by us. Where I finally obtained my beloved Sega CD.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 4 months ago

I mainly get mine from Steam or GOG. :)
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Post by Kaunisto » 4 months ago

Considerable majority of my games I've bought from flea markets/second hand shops.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 4 months ago

Kaunisto wrote:
4 months ago
Considerable majority of my games I've bought from flea markets/second hand shops.
I always remember when I think of flea markets how my brother found my mom a copy of Lunar Eternal Blue for Sega CD. My mom had always wanted it since she liked the first one. I don't think she ever got to playing it. I had not long before been getting more into anime and saw the anime cover and decided to play, and thus began my obsession with the series.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 4 months ago

Kaunisto wrote:
4 months ago
I used to but I don't see them as much as I used to and when I do they're usually sold at ridiculous prices. Sadly my local gaming market sucks in that regard. You have a tiny handful of nerds who clear out all of the good games out of Goodwill and flea markets then slap a mark-up on it. That said I got ridiculously lucky one day and bought Xenogears super cheap on Amazon. Amazon honored the price but I think they made a mistake since I noticed their next copy was A LOT higher in price.