Rhythm Games

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Rhythm Games

Post by slooroo » 2 weeks ago

So one genre I really enjoy though I am completely and utterly horrible at is the rhythm game genre. I love the Hatsune Miku games although I haven't bought the newer ones yet though I wish more vocaloids were featured than the standard set. The Love Live game on mobile is pretty good for a mobile game but I hate gacha on anything. Melody's Escape on Steam is really cool since you can upload your own music into it and it'll generate a level for you but it can be wonky occasionally plus it makes some people motion sick. I also liked Guitar Hero and Rock Band during it's main craze and I have to give it credit for introducing me to many bands and artists I didn't know about that I still listen to today.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Rhythm Games

Post by Juneberry » 2 weeks ago

I also tend to like rhythm games. I had one on my PSP back in high school that would use the music you had installed on it, and I'd literally play that for hours because my bus ride when I got said game was an hour to and from school. I also liked Guitar Hero and rock band, but I especially liked rock band because it had a singing part and a keyboard part. I don't have any rhythm games currently, but I'm debating getting one of the free ones out there for my phone... Just for more variety, you know?

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Rhythm Games

Post by Kaunisto » 2 weeks ago

I'm not fond of them and particularly hate when they are thrown in as minigames in other genres.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Rhythm Games

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 weeks ago

I enjoy rhythm games to some extent even though, like slooroo, I am really awful at them. I've always wanted to try Project DIVA because it looks like a lot of fun, but I've just never gotten around to it.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Rhythm Games

Juneberry wrote:
2 weeks ago
I had one on my PSP back in high school
I feel like I know that game but can't put my finger on it. Melody's Escape on Steam works similar to it though.
Princess MeowsePad wrote:
2 weeks ago
Project DIVA
Really fun but can be blistering hard on certain songs. That and they don't have my girl Yuzuki Yukari. I wish IA's game was localized but it isn't.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Rhythm Games

Post by Megan » 2 weeks ago

I used to love to play Dance Dance Revolution. I should play again sometime. Was loads of fun. Used to play till my legs were like dead.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Rhythm Games

Megan wrote:
2 weeks ago
Dance Dance Revolution
I've never actually played that game before. I don't even remember DDR machines being at the arcades.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Rhythm Games

Post by Juneberry » 2 weeks ago

Megan wrote:
2 weeks ago
I used to love to play Dance Dance Revolution. I should play again sometime. Was loads of fun. Used to play till my legs were like dead.
Same. It was great exercise.

nate9000
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Rhythm Games

Post by nate9000 » 1 week ago

I was probably wayyy to into DDR as a teen. like massively obsessed with it. spent all my money on it at the arcade and practiced on my PS2. still play stepmania (ddr fork) from time to time. and i've been playing OSU! lately a point and click rhythm game.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Rhythm Games

Post by slooroo » 1 week ago

I haven't bothered to try OSU! although I'd probably like it.