Robopon

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Robopon

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

People talk about Pokemon and Digimon all the time, but you know a (small) franchise that didn't get enough credit back then? Robopon. I played Robopon Sun version back in middle school. The game was for GBC, so you can guess the graphics and such already. Robopon had a rather wacky storyline at times, and some of the systems I still don't comprehend, but... The robotic equivalent of pokemon was pretty interesting, since you actually fought 'wild' robopon and could catch them, and you could really change a lot about them with time, money and software. Wanna change the types of attacks? Just buy new software and install it! I really liked that concept.

Wackiness aside, this was a great game. Maybe even because of the insanity of your grandfather just suddenly making you CEO of his company when you're still a school kid.

Did anyone else play? It's more common than other rare games I played. I'm sure someone must have~ If you haven't... You totally should!

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Robopon

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

Somehow I must've missed that franchise. Which is weird because as a kid I was obsessed with everything Pokemon or Digimon or anything remotely similar.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Robopon

They made a sequel to it, but I don't know it as well as the original. Which was hard as hell to beat.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Robopon

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 months ago

I've never heard of Robopon either. o_O It must not have caught on in the same way that Pokemon and Digimon did. Oh, and let's not forget the infamous Yu-Gi-Oh!
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Robopon

If you like anything remotely similar to Pokemon and such, I recommend trying it for the insanity of it all.

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Robopon

Post by Kaunisto » 2 months ago

I've missed that one too, but then again GB never was one of my top choices for emulation.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Robopon

Kaunisto wrote:
2 months ago
I've missed that one too, but then again GB never was one of my top choices for emulation.
I actually never had a problem emulating GB/GBC/GBA. The only thing that's a problem with my emulator is if I try to ramp up the speed of a game, it overheats my computer and such.

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Robopon

Post by Kaunisto » 2 months ago

Not that I have problems, I've played Pokemons.
Just that I prefer 16-bits (and Master System because I have one) to handhelds, so I haven't played many GB games.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Robopon

Ahhh, gotcha.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Robopon

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

I ended up asking my friend about the franchise and ends up he played it and now is replaying it because I reminded him it existed.