Coolest physical items

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Coolest physical items

Post by Kaunisto » 1 month ago

What are some of the greatest items you've gotten with games?
Whether it's with some special or collector's edition, something from the golden age when games were sold in big beautiful boxes that could include more than discs and manual or just an exceptionally cool manual, what cool items do you have?

The question was inspired by game I got couple years back, Book of Unwritten Tales. (Very much recommended, especially if you're fan of 90's Lucas adventure games. I think there's at least three games in the series.)
While it's in basic DVD case like any game, it included soundtrack CD, a poster/map and a beautiful little art book. I thought this was so cool, as nearly any game only has a manual at most.

Other than that, I can only think of a book/diary that came with Ages of Myst, 5th anniversary package of Myst and sequel Riven.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Coolest physical items

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

I don't know about coolest but I remember as a kid I used to be fascinated with how much detail was put into early game manuals. It became a thing at school to bring your game manuals and everyone takes turns reading it to see if they'd be into that game or not. I used to bring stacks of them and RPGs especially got a lot of attention since people wanted to see if they'd care about the story and characters. I even kept doing it in high school occasionally long after everyone else stopped. I also remember when I bought Morrowind it came with a map of Vvardenfell and I used to just sit for hours charting out my course by studying the map and where I thought I would find the location of different quest lines. Oblivion and Skyrim kept up the tradition of including a map but by those games it was less useful and more of a fun prop. As for collector's edition items I think Atlus is usually pretty generous with what stuff you get when you preorder SMT/Persona games and sometimes gets pretty creative in the items like a tarot card deck.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Coolest physical items

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

My favorite thing I ever got from games was the plushies Harvest Moon games came with if you preordered. I especially love the cow, naturally.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Coolest physical items

Post by Megan » 1 month ago

Off the top of my head:

Final Fantasy VII: a t-shirt

Chrono Trigger DS: a cd with two songs.

Lunar 2 Complete: Came with a bunch of extras including a pendant that was in the game and a soundtrack.

Lunar Silver Star Harmony: Some cards and a soundtrack.

Deleted User 142
Reactions:

Coolest physical items

Post by Deleted User 142 » 1 month ago

Does the PSone’s SCPH-132 (5” LCD screen) count? It’s worth about £150-£200 nowadays, managed to get it for £5

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Coolest physical items

Post by Ravenfreak » 4 weeks ago

I bought the Collectors Edition of Sonic Mania so it came with the Sonic statue. I also bought a Sonic mania shirt off of Amazon that you can no longer buy but unfortunately it's got holes in it. >_>

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Coolest physical items

Post by slooroo » 4 weeks ago

Ravenfreak wrote:
4 weeks ago
I bought the Collectors Edition of Sonic Mania so it came with the Sonic statue. I also bought a Sonic mania shirt off of Amazon that you can no longer buy but unfortunately it's got holes in it. >_>
At least it isn't a physical copy of Sonic Dreams Collection.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Coolest physical items

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 weeks ago

The figurines that came with EverQuest were pretty cool. Much cooler than the game itself.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch