Breath of Fire

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Breath of Fire

Post by Ravenfreak » 3 weeks ago

I recently have been playing the first game in the BoF series. I've been wanting to play this series since I was a child, after seeing an ad for BoF III in the back of my Megaman Legends manual. I've been doing fine without a walkthrough so far, but now I'm afraid I'll have to watch one as I'm stuck. :lmao: I just got Ox, and I need to figure out what I need to do to get a Grimfowl Egg. Anyways, I've enjoyed this game, but I hate playing as Gobi since he's weak and I got a game over and had to refight a few bosses because he sucks. :mad: That's the only part I didn't like about the game so far. Still overall it's a fun RPG and I love the soundtrack seeing how it came from the same group who worked on the Mega Man X soundtrack, since it's a Capcom game.

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Breath of Fire

Post by Kaunisto » 3 weeks ago

I haven't played any and don't think they're on my list for this or next year - but it's rather likely I'll try one along next decade...

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Breath of Fire

Post by slooroo » 3 weeks ago

Somehow I entirely missed Breath of Fire as a kid despite playing a lot of other RPGs at the time.

Deleted User 147
Reactions:

Breath of Fire

Post by Deleted User 147 » 3 weeks ago

Amusingly the 2nd game got released in Europe while the 1st didn’t. To be fair it’s strange at all that an RPG was released here at all lol.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Breath of Fire

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 weeks ago

Europe doesn't generally get RPG releases?
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Breath of Fire

Post by Kaunisto » 2 weeks ago

Not console RPGs back in 90's. Don't know about rest of Europe but particularly Finland was robbed on SNes.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Breath of Fire

Post by slooroo » 2 weeks ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
2 weeks ago
Europe doesn't generally get RPG releases?
Europe and Latin America in general seem to get screwed when it comes to game releases. Either they don't get it at all or it's extremely expensive.

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Re: Breath of Fire

Post by Ravenfreak » 2 weeks ago

I finished the first game in the series the other day and I enjoyed it! Though once I got the ultimate power (the last dragon form) it made the final bosses really easy. I felt that most of the game aside from a few parts was easy, and I guess Capcom felt the same way so II is much more challenging but because of that I’m stuck at the beginning and I will need to grind in order to defeat the boss I’m stuck on. >_>