Summon Nights

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Summon Nights

Post by Juneberry » 3 weeks ago

I don't know what it was that made me remember this series of games, but has anyone else ever played it? I know in the US they only came out with the spin-offs of the series, namely Swordcraft Story and Twin Age, but they were great games even if spin-offs in my opinion. I think the concept of fighting monsters for ingredients to craft in Swordcraft Story was particularly a great concept, and the storyline in Twin Age particularly kept me hooked. That said, Swordcraft Story is the one I think about the most, partially because I think of it when I look at games like Rune Factory, which uses the same concept of gathering ingredients for various forms of crafting from monsters. I've seen it in other games too, both commercially and in the sphere of indie game makers that I occasionally am a part of. It's pretty amazing how early games have systems that come to be useful many years later, isn't it?

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Summon Nights

Post by slooroo » 3 weeks ago

Wasn't there a PS2 game or something from that? I feel like somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind I remember seeing it at a game store long, long ago.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Summon Nights

Post by Juneberry » 3 weeks ago

I think there may have been, but from my research the actual series (outside the spinoffs) never hit US markets. I know the spinoffs were from GBC and DS. Well, my GBC answer may be off... I forget if it was GBC or GBA. I really enjoyed those though. ^^;