General Chat Thread

[1.0x] Chat with your fellow forumers about anything that your heart desires.
Deleted User 142
Reactions:

General Chat Thread

Post by Deleted User 142 » 1 week ago

In regards to what @Yumika said a few pages back I could try drafting up perhaps a more structured forum organisation. I feel like we should have separate categories instead of an influx of subforums as it makes it harder to navigate on mobile or find what we want as easily, while this might make the index a little too bloated somewhat it’s still more navigable either way. Perhaps having the general and “meta” forums in the same category at the top would be nice too as they’re used a lot compared to some others :)

I kinda seemed like I was being neglectful and ungrateful about how the site has treated me, gonna try to make more of an effort overall to come here since I do enjoy it here really and have no issue with how things are handled in terms of stuff like communication from everyone.

And communication is obviously the key aspect of any community’s will to get anywhere, and it’s not lacking in any way here.

Yumika
Cutie
Reactions:

General Chat Thread

Post by Yumika » 1 week ago

Totally forgot about that post I made. I agree, though. Obviously, it's MeowsePad's forum, but I think trying to be all sorts of things at once (Discord server, YouTube channel, game servers, posting services, etc.) can only add more burden than they're worth. I would say narrow it down to just two things...

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

General Chat Thread

Post by Naiwen » 1 week ago

Good morning all, had about 5 hours sleep last night, be enjoying my usual breakfast and morning coffee.

Deleted User 142
Reactions:

General Chat Thread

Yumika wrote:
1 week ago
Totally forgot about that post I made. I agree, though. Obviously, it's MeowsePad's forum, but I think trying to be all sorts of things at once (Discord server, YouTube channel, game servers, posting services, etc.) can only add more burden than they're worth. I would say narrow it down to just two things...
I feel like it would work a lot better if this domain served for the general channels, while more “niche” stuff like game servers and promotion of websites/etc would fit far better running on a separate database under subdomains.

Most people are on this board for the chat sections and sharing more personal creations. I feel like if this board specifically focused on the chat/social side of things it’d be a lot more organised.

Game servers and some kinds of promotion are things that would get used by some users here but are kinda emptier in comparison to the chat stuff, and could potentially fragment the user base quite badly should the site grow further (as in, newer people who joined for those not contributing outside that section). Not to mention it might seem kinda daunting for a new user especially nowadays from the patterns I’ve seen, people would usually rather join for 1 service nowadays.

Obviously I’m not calling for anything drastic or userbase damaging because I really like the chat sections here and feel they are better than on a lot of boards I’ve seen but the sections for services and stuff just feel a bit out of place (but not a bad idea if they were on separate subdomains).

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

General Chat Thread

Good afternoon all, had just woken up, still sleepy.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

General Chat Thread

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 1 week ago

lonelyhollowdays wrote:
1 week ago
In regards to what @Yumika said a few pages back I could try drafting up perhaps a more structured forum organisation. I feel like we should have separate categories instead of an influx of subforums as it makes it harder to navigate on mobile or find what we want as easily, while this might make the index a little too bloated somewhat it’s still more navigable either way. Perhaps having the general and “meta” forums in the same category at the top would be nice too as they’re used a lot compared to some others :)

I kinda seemed like I was being neglectful and ungrateful about how the site has treated me, gonna try to make more of an effort overall to come here since I do enjoy it here really and have no issue with how things are handled in terms of stuff like communication from everyone.

And communication is obviously the key aspect of any community’s will to get anywhere, and it’s not lacking in any way here.
You could try making a topic in the meta forum to see what others think. I am curious to see how others feel.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Deleted User 142
Reactions:

General Chat Thread

@Princess MeowsePad I’ll go ahead and do that eventually.

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

General Chat Thread

Good afternoon all, been asleep for about another 4 hours, thence had in all 11 hours sleep last night.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

General Chat Thread

Post by slooroo » 1 week ago

112 F is shit. This is all.

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

General Chat Thread

Good morning all, been sleeping for about 6 hours so far last night.