Early Happy Pride Month!

[1.0x] Chat with your fellow forumers about anything that your heart desires.
Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Early Happy Pride Month!

Post by Juneberry » 4 months ago

As many know, June is officially Pride month- and that's often a big deal to quite a lot of LGBTQA+ people, myself included. What do you think of Pride month? How do you show off your pride? I'm personally planning to write a lot about pride for the month- mostly poetry, with maybe one or two short stories/short personal pieces. I also look forward to blogging about my characters that are part of the LGBTQA+ community!

So what about you guys? Do you do anything in particular? Do you even celebrate it? I wanna know how people are celebrating- and, before that, if they are as excited as me.

Barathemos
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Early Happy Pride Month!

Post by Barathemos » 4 months ago

I don’t celebrate pride month, I don’t really see the need to have a month dedicated to LGBT people when, in reality, every month should be the same “celebration” as the main month.

I didn’t even know it was pride month until you posted about it, so I guess I’m not that excited, but it’s mainly that I don’t really care. I love all of my friends in the LGBT community and, as long as I can still marry another guy and not be denied services, I’m chill.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Early Happy Pride Month!

It might be a cultural difference, but we still have a lot of problems in this country about it. Things are getting better, but not near perfect as it could be. Then again, the US also just gives every month like 5 things to celebrate. I bet people forgot that May was Mental Health Awareness Month. >w<

Barathemos
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Early Happy Pride Month!

Post by Barathemos » 4 months ago

There certainly are a lot of problems about it, but I feel like there are way too many “months” to celebrate and after a while there’s too much. I actually did know it was mental health awareness month, not really sure what I did about it but...I knew it was there lol.

As for cultural differences, I’m not sure about you, but I live in an extremely libral section of the country and, despite living in the south, don’t see all too much hate towards LGBT people unless I’m making the drive through East Alabama and West Georgia but...their opinions don’t really matter to me.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Early Happy Pride Month!

I live near New York where there's still plenty of hate crimes against LGBTQA+ people, and also hate crimes towards just about any group of people, especially synagogues lately. With all this chaos in the surrounding area, I'm not used to thinking that the fight's finally finished. The south is way ahead of us northerners, I think. >w<

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Early Happy Pride Month!

Post by Ravenfreak » 4 months ago

My girlfriend and I will be attending our Pride parade with our good friends. I'm trans, my girlfriend is queer, one of my friends is non binary, and their partner is genderqueer. :) Happy pride month to the community and the allies! :)

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Early Happy Pride Month!

Post by slooroo » 3 months ago

I'm straight but my two closest friends are bi with one being trans and bi. I've asked them about pride month a couple times out of curiosity and their answers are basically the same thing.

"Lol no thanks"

Really I'm apathetic to the concept but as someone who has grown up and lives in a conservative, religious environment I can say pride parades can get out of hand and have the opposite effect LGBT maybe be hoping for with the general public. Waving dildos around half naked doesn't really make a lot of common people sympathize with the LGBT community. If anything it reinforces the idea of LGBT just being sexually degenerate nutcases to them.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Early Happy Pride Month!

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 months ago

slooroo wrote:
3 months ago
Really I'm apathetic to the concept but as someone who has grown up and lives in a conservative, religious environment I can say pride parades can get out of hand and have the opposite effect LGBT maybe be hoping for with the general public. Waving dildos around half naked doesn't really make a lot of common people sympathize with the LGBT community. If anything it reinforces the idea of LGBT just being sexually degenerate nutcases to them.
That's probably a small minority of cases, though. People can get carried away with anything.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Early Happy Pride Month!

Post by slooroo » 3 months ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 months ago
That's probably a small minority of cases, though. People can get carried away with anything.
Correct but small minority of cases can have a pretty large impact on the wider audience. There's been fairly recent articles of LGBT support dropping in the US and while not the ONLY reason it's happening I doubt it helps.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Early Happy Pride Month!

Post by Juneberry » 3 months ago

You make a fair point- but there's more to it than just parades. There's art based on it, there's people spreading their stories... I always find people who know I'm not straight, even strangers, aren't bothered by it more than when I was young. Even my grandmother came to accept it overtime. While I was only dating girls (online, as all my dating has been) she'd just ask if it was a nice Jewish girl. xD