The car thread

[1.0x] Chat with your fellow forumers about anything that your heart desires.
Deleted User 59
Reactions:

The car thread

Post by Deleted User 59 » 5 months ago

So my dad is thinking of getting a MR2 (R5, sonic/shadow colour). Something similar to this:

(Excuse the Imgur link. I'm too lazy to re-upload to an actually nice file host such as wew.wtf.)

Guess you can talk of cars here ^^ I'm doing rather well in my driving lessons (manual 2016 Ford KA), as a matter of fact. I need my driving instructor to email me a parallel parking guide (because the steps are a bit hard to remember...) which I'll get him to do in a bit. :3

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Re: The car thread

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 5 months ago

:O

Good to hear that you're doing well on driving lessons. I didn't get my license until I was twenty-two. xD

I started off driving in 2014 with a 1993 Ford Ranger that my grandmother gave me. I really loved that truck, but the body rusted out. After that, I had a 2004 Buick Rendezvous, which was god-awful. Now, I'm driving a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, and I'm very happy with it. The fuel efficiency is awesome compared to my previous gas-guzzling cars.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Deleted User 59
Reactions:

Buick is basically the GM "city car" brand in the US (similarly to how Vauxhall is in the UK), not too surprising it was a bit tacky. Over here Vauxhalls aren't exactly brilliant cars, I do like the Insignia (produced 2007-2018), VX220 (2000-2005) and Calibra (90s) though :)

stevantay
Reactions:

Post by stevantay » 5 months ago

I've had my license for 6 years now...actually just got around to renewing it because it expires on my birthday and I finally get a cool horizontal one since I'm over 21 now. I've put about 80,000 miles on my 2010 Toyota Corolla S, tons of road trips across country and it's been a blast to have, but my hood has definitely seen better days.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Jamie wrote:
5 months ago
Buick is basically the GM "city car" brand in the US (similarly to how Vauxhall is in the UK), not too surprising it was a bit tacky. Over here Vauxhalls aren't exactly brilliant cars, I do like the Insignia (produced 2007-2018), VX220 (2000-2005) and Calibra (90s) though :)
Yeah, it was the worst.
stevantay wrote:
5 months ago
I've had my license for 6 years now...actually just got around to renewing it because it expires on my birthday and I finally get a cool horizontal one since I'm over 21 now. I've put about 80,000 miles on my 2010 Toyota Corolla S, tons of road trips across country and it's been a blast to have, but my hood has definitely seen better days.
You've had yours longer than I have, and I'm pretty sure I'm at least four years older than you are. LOL. Toyotas are really reliable from what I've heard.

Deleted User 59
Reactions:

90s Toyotas (like the MR2 mentioned in the first post) are extremely reliable. However should you want an SUV I'd strongly recommend an early 2000s Honda CRV. :3

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

I would probably go with a Honda Pilot over the CR-V if I ever had a larger family because of third row seating. Maybe a Hyundai Santa Fe XL...

Deleted User 59
Reactions:

So there's a GTO Twin Turbo for sale in red not too far from me. These cars are extremely nice :3

Its semi-cousin the FTO is really nice for a FWD car btw ^^

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Is the GTO all-wheel drive?

Deleted User 59
Reactions:

Yep. :)