Viruses

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Viruses

Post by slooroo » 3 weeks ago

So one weird habit I've recently gained is watching a Youtuber named Mutahar show how different viruses that has been made over the years works. As a kid viruses used to scare the ever living shit out of me and I chronically destroyed computers from viruses. On the other hand those embarrassments led me to better understand how to make computers more secure. Yet I still enjoy seeing someone else run a virtual machine and show how these viruses work and their inner workings. I love really bizarre ones like Nava Shield that does that weird laugh or even the joke ones like that one that forces you to play PUBG to get control of your files back.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Viruses

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 weeks ago

Ever watched danooct1? He has some pretty good virus videos, and he even has people send in fan-created viruses for videos. :P
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Viruses

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 weeks ago
Ever watched danooct1? He has some pretty good virus videos, and he even has people send in fan-created viruses for videos.
He's pretty good too. I mostly watch Mutahar's stuff since he also does deep web, niche gaming, and other shit on top of researching viruses or even his little mini series on those shitty anti-viruses from India.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Viruses

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 weeks ago

You mean the "please specify your credit card information" antiviruses? :D
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Viruses

Post by Kaunisto » 3 weeks ago

I once had something that made Windows (98SE, I think) system folder invisible. That sure scared the hell out of me. At the time I only had that PC and an old DOS one, so the other computer wasn't any help, couldn't use internet with that.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Viruses

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 weeks ago
You mean the "please specify your credit card information" antiviruses?
Um excuse me why would I not trust this?

Kaunisto wrote:
3 weeks ago
I once had something that made Windows (98SE, I think) system folder invisible. That sure scared the hell out of me. At the time I only had that PC and an old DOS one, so the other computer wasn't any help, couldn't use internet with that.
I remember a virus similar to that but I think it was on someone's else computer. I don't remember if that virus had a name.

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Viruses

Post by Ravenfreak » 3 weeks ago

I watch both danooct1 and someordinarygamers. I don't think danooct1 has uploaded in a while though. I was thinking about Mutahar's latest video based around Limewire when I read the title of this topic. :lmao: My sister once got a virus on my laptop when downloading music off of Limewire, and once I got some malware from either cnet or some other software distributing site. I eventually got them off the laptop, it was annoying but easy to get rid of them. I just remember the malware being a fake antivirus, though I can't recall the name of it...

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Viruses

Ravenfreak wrote:
3 weeks ago
Limewire
I didn't use Limewire as a kid but I did use similar services. I never got many viruses off it though I knew tons of people who did.