Do you have any medical conditions?

[1.0x] Talk all about your life. Rants are welcome.
Smokey
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Smokey » 2 months ago

I do, I suffer with hydrocephalus. I often get really bad headaches and usually shut off/pass out from them.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

Smokey wrote:
2 months ago
I do, I suffer with hydrocephalus. I often get really bad headaches and usually shut off/pass out from them.
D: That sounds scary ;-; I'm sorry you have to go through that :c I hate headaches- I get really bad migraines regularly. But to shut off... I can't seem to do that. But passing out is scary >w<

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 2 months ago

Smokey wrote:
2 months ago
Ugh, that sounds awful!

Meds can be pretty strange though. You never realize how much they help till you don't take them. I get so anxious if I don't take my anxiety and anti-depression ones.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Megan wrote:
2 months ago
Meds can be pretty strange though. You never realize how much they help till you don't take them. I get so anxious if I don't take my anxiety and anti-depression ones.
Some of that can actually be withdrawal. There's a reason they tell you never to stop your meds cold turkey- you have to ease off them just like you have to ease onto them. The body gets used to having a certain amount in it, and when that suddenly disappears, it gets confused.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 2 months ago

Juneberry wrote:
2 months ago
Megan wrote:
2 months ago
Some of that can actually be withdrawal. There's a reason they tell you never to stop your meds cold turkey- you have to ease off them just like you have to ease onto them. The body gets used to having a certain amount in it, and when that suddenly disappears, it gets confused.
Huh interesting. All I know is my mom knows when I haven't taken them cause of that. XD

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 months ago

I think that's part of my problem. I'm not consistent with my anxiety meds...
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
2 months ago
I think that's part of my problem. I'm not consistent with my anxiety meds...
What does your prescription say to do? 'cause I have one or two meds that work on my anxiety but aren't literally for my anxiety, and one antihistamine that's for my panic attacks that I only take as needed.

nate9000
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by nate9000 » 2 months ago

My hands shake/tremble. doc says it's anxiety but im not so sure. but it probably is anxiety i just want to believe it's something else. I used to draw a lot as a kid. but sometime in my teenage years i noticed while sketching if i tense my hand up even a little bit sometimes my hand just starts shaking uncontrollably. also occurs in intense social situations so yea, probably anxiety.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 months ago

Maybe it's something else that is aggravated by your anxiety? I feel like they sometimes want to blame everything on anxiety or depression...
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Smokey
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Do you have any medical conditions?

Post by Smokey » 4 days ago

Megan wrote:
2 months ago
Smokey wrote:
2 months ago
Ugh, that sounds awful!

Yeah, I haven't been on meds since I was 14 though, so nearly 15 years now, and i'm managing without them, the headaches aren't frequent enough to warrant meds but they are frequent enough to prevent me from doing a lot of things.....if that makes sense. :P docs say I just need to stay away from stressful situations 90% of the time. :P Easier said than done though I suppose?