My Mindfulness Tips

[1.0x] Talk all about your life. Rants are welcome.
Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

My Mindfulness Tips

Post by Juneberry » 4 months ago

Naiwen wrote:
4 months ago
My 50th tip : movie meditation. When restless for anything, I put on a movie I’ve already watched a dozen times already and just listen to it repeatedly. Sit or lay down somewhere comfortable in total darkness, close your eyes and listen to your movie’s soundtrack.
I do this one a lot with an anime I've watched a million times. Bonus is it makes me giggle at points no matter how often I've watched it.

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

My Mindfulness Tips

Post by Naiwen » 4 months ago

This will be my 51st chapter on mindfulness. I’m far in this treatment and finding it truly relaxing!

What’s mindfulness? It’s to be aware that your thoughts and feelings are altering reality thence your outlook on your whole life. You can mindfully switch them around at your will.

My 51st tip : mindful self-questioning. Choose carefully the questions you want to ask yourself and answer them positively. For example, when I’m having any intrusive thoughts or feelings, I ask myself this “why should I have anything at all on mind?” And my answer “no reason why”. It’s making you realize how absurd your feelings and thoughts are making you behave. Look at it as a reality check.

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

My Mindfulness Tips

Welcome everyone to my 52nd post on mindfulness. Deep into this treatment, loving it!

What’s mindfulness? It’s to reconnect yourself with your current reality. Why do you feel like you’re going nuts sometimes? Because you’re so dissociated with your present moment that you feel overwhelmed by it all. Your mind wants to feel attached to your body at all times, that where restlessness comes from.

My 52nd tip : mindful positioning. Put yourself into the most comfortable position for your body so it fits it perfectly. I’m cuddling with my blanket in my sleep by it eases my stress and anxiety when trying to put myself to sleep. When I sit, I’m sitting with my legs crossed. Standing up, I’m crossing my arms and legs. Walking, I’m letting my arms down. I’m sleeping on 2 pillows one larger and 1 smaller to feel my connected with my body.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

My Mindfulness Tips

Post by Juneberry » 4 months ago

I'm not suppose to sit cross-legged due to my hyper flexibility making me likely to break a hip because this keeps stretching it out, but I only feel comfortable with my legs crossed over each other. Also when I have cramps, I cuddle up in fetal position and hug something too.

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

My Mindfulness Tips

This is my 53rd tip and definition on mindfulness. Loving it best!

What’s mindfulness? It’s signaling to your mind that what it’s thinking and feeling about your current moment is different from what your present moment in fact is. It’s about freeing reality distortions from your mind.

My 53rd tip : music meditation. Try searching with “spa or meditative music” on YouTube and you’ll find a ton free MVs to listen to. It’s usually also with a naturally soothing background such as the still water or sky. The one I use is with water droplets sounds and spa music and a bamboo flute as a visual background. Focus your mind on the calming melody and rhythm and stop your actual thoughts and feelings.

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

My Mindfulness Tips

Welcome everyone to my 54th chapter on mindfulness. Loving it so far!

What’s mindfulness? It’s to reconnect yourself with your current reality. To root yourself into it.

My 54th tip : mindful self-questioning. You can ask yourself this : “Are these thoughts and feelings supposed to be there at all presently?” Consider this a wake-up call.

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

My Mindfulness Tips

This is my 55th post on mindfulness. It really helps!

What’s mindfulness? To be fully aware about your feelings and thoughts in the moment. To know that this is merely a moment in your life and thence not worth being worked up over it.

My 55th tip : aroma therapy. It’s to purge your thoughts and feelings with your taste and smell. The only flavoured and scented thing I can stand is lip balm. I’m using Burt’s Bees’ pomegranate oil and strawberry ones. It does fill my nose and taste buds with my favourite smell and taste. Choose your favourite.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

My Mindfulness Tips

Post by Megan » 4 months ago

Naiwen wrote:
4 months ago
This is my 55th post on mindfulness. It really helps!

What’s mindfulness? To be fully aware about your feelings and thoughts in the moment. To know that this is merely a moment in your life and thence not worth being worked up over it.

My 55th tip : aroma therapy. It’s to purge your thoughts and feelings with your taste and smell. The only flavoured and scented thing I can stand is lip balm. I’m using Burt’s Bees’ pomegranate oil and strawberry ones. It does fill my nose and taste buds with my favourite smell and taste. Choose your favourite.
I love aroma therapy too. I don't do it too often. I love Bath and Body Works line. I like the energy, happiness, and stress relief. They do sometimes seem to help.

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

My Mindfulness Tips

Welcome everyone to my 56th tip and definition on mindfulness.

What’s mindfulness? It’s being able to let the bad moments go. To be fully aware that it’s merely a fleeting moment transitioning into something better. It’s to fully see past your thoughts and feelings on the moment which are making you act in a bad way with yourself or others around you. You can choose the things you want to do with your actual circumstances and living conditions. Your thoughts and feelings aren’t defining your entire life.

My 56th tip : mindful showering. It’s to feel your body cleansed from all negative energy and aura with the water droplets on your skin. Feel your body wash’s texture on your skin. It’s to feel alive and at peace while showering and it’s like a water massage to me anyways. Shower when you’re dirty or smelly to feel clean. Looking after your personal hygiene is primordial to your body and mind’s full awakening. I know I’m showering for the moment. I use a powdered scrub after and moisturize my whole body and face to have my skin fully hydrated and to treat my acne. I shower every other day, not daily because my skin would be too dry. So yeah, all in all, that’s just me personally.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

My Mindfulness Tips

Post by Megan » 4 months ago

That actually sounds pretty nice. =3