My Therapy Updates

[1.0x] Talk all about your life. Rants are welcome.
Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

My Therapy Updates

Post by Naiwen » 1 month ago

Starting Trauma Therapy

My therapist had said to me that my mental health issues had come from not having closure or enough time to grieve for my past traumas.

Thence why I’m paranoid about keeping myself safe from my own memories, flashbacks and dream attacks.

I had disclosed today to her many memories from my traumatic and abusive past : my school and family life. I don’t date so no romantic relationship traumas to make peace with. I’ll have closure at last with my triggers with this treatment. I’m highly looking forward to it especially my sexual abuse triggers.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

My Therapy Updates

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 1 month ago

Sorry to hear that you're having to deal with those things, but at least it sounds like you will be getting some help with it.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Naiwen
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Canada

My Therapy Updates

Post by Naiwen » 1 month ago

Starting DBT soon!

Starting it next session. She’s already defined it for me : it’s to question our thoughts and feelings and to act a different way. Right guys?

In addition to it, doing advanced CBT, mindfulness as well as trauma therapy. It is a heavy load for me but I can say hi back to anyone who’s greeted me currently. So to say, I’m happy with the intensive treatments she’s giving me and can take it. It’s truly worth it all.

Loving it because it’s truly letting me see past my black and white thinking and it’s enabling me to live in the present moment. “What’s it doing to me in fact currently?” Just a talk and nothing else. Proud about my healing progress with therapy so far.