Little Facts about Your Day

[1.0x] Talk all about your life. Rants are welcome.
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

So I was working on my compost today and I got spooked because when I dumped some dirt into the compost two lizards were living in the dirt and had tons of eggs in the dirt. Guess they'll be living in the compost now. They don't seem too upset about the new arrangement and I don't really care either. They might get some bugs there.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

While I was doing a facial mask, resting in my chair like I was supposed to for it, someone knocked on our door a couple times. Reluctantly, I opened it to find a workman talking about changing my door. We were told by the apartment management that our door wasn't going to be changed, and now suddenly there's this guy telling me he wants to do just that. I called dad out to figure things out while I struggled to wash the clay off my face since my alarm telling me to wash up went off as the guy was talking to me.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Juneberry wrote:
2 months ago
While I was doing a facial mask, resting in my chair like I was supposed to for it, someone knocked on our door a couple times. Reluctantly, I opened it to find a workman talking about changing my door. We were told by the apartment management that our door wasn't going to be changed, and now suddenly there's this guy telling me he wants to do just that. I called dad out to figure things out while I struggled to wash the clay off my face since my alarm telling me to wash up went off as the guy was talking to me.
Wow that's awkward. When I lived in an apartment I occasionally had bug sprayers and maintenance but usually they came in while I was at school. A few times I was there but I got along with them fine and it wasn't a bother to me. The maintenance guy even thanked me for being the only person in the whole building with a carbon monoxide detector.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

We don't feel comfortable letting people come in when we're not around. We've had stuff stolen just while we moved, let alone from other methods ><

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Juneberry wrote:
2 months ago
We don't feel comfortable letting people come in when we're not around. We've had stuff stolen just while we moved, let alone from other methods ><
I didn't have an option. The apartment I lived it essentially said "You either let them in or they just use the key we provide to do it." To be fair this is because people are disgusting and without bug spraying roaches show up.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

I guess my little fact today is that I planted French vanilla marigolds and they're more a really pale yellow than white like I expected. Still pretty though and the smell keeps flies and such away.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Apparently they still plan to change our door. In other news, I was actually semi-useful at my staff meeting last night. Not notably so, but somewhat. :) As for today... I'm probably gonna be home alone most of it assuming dad makes it to his appointment. Maybe being alone will push me to be productive?

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Well seems I can mark another reject on my publishing attempts. A little annoying since my week's already started off unlucky but whatever.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

slooroo wrote:
2 months ago
Well seems I can mark another reject on my publishing attempts. A little annoying since my week's already started off unlucky but whatever.
Just remember, it's proof you're trying~ And trying is further than a lot of people can get.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Juneberry wrote:
2 months ago
Just remember, it's proof you're trying~ And trying is further than a lot of people can get.
I'm not really upset about it. It's just a minor packet of salt poured on an already open wound is all.