It's been one year since i lost my stepfather to ALS

[1.0x] Talk all about your life. Rants are welcome.
MrBeingcool
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by MrBeingcool » 2 months ago

One year... Can you guys imagine this: One year ago, i was being super happy, following all house rules and there were no issues.

With him gone... I felt like i couldn't do this anymore. One year later, i am still standing, but in a worse condition than before.

Why i'm venting about that: I feel like i betrayed him for eternity... That really, really upsets me in a way...

I'll add more to this thread to discuss later on because at the time i made this thread, my head was wayyyy too tired to think...

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 2 months ago

MrBeingcool wrote:
2 months ago
One year... Can you guys imagine this: One year ago, i was being super happy, following all house rules and there were no issues.

With him gone... I felt like i couldn't do this anymore. One year later, i am still standing, but in a worse condition than before.

Why i'm venting about that: I feel like i betrayed him for eternity... That really, really upsets me in a way...

I'll add more to this thread to discuss later on because at the time i made this thread, my head was wayyyy too tired to think...
You haven't betrayed him. I think in a way that could of been your way of mourning. He may be sad, but I think more because you're struggling. I'm sure he just wants you to be happy and okay.

I'm sorry you lost him though. Losing any family member is touch. :cry:

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 months ago

I'm sorry about your step-father. :( I'm sure that you haven't betrayed him at all. Everyone handles grief differently.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

I'm with everyone else. If anything, I bet he'd be proud of you for being able to realize something is wrong at all. Accepting your emotions and any issues you have is a very strong trait~