Should Trans People Be Allowed to serve their country?

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 2 months ago

As the title states, do you believe that trans people should be allowed to serve just like cis gendered people? I definitely believe that they should be able to serve if they want to. It's stupid to think that trans people can be banned from serving just for being who they are. It's even worse knowing that there are people who support the ban and think trans people will cause a distraction from the war. How are they going to do that?!

Cassieboo
Administrator
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Cassieboo » 2 months ago

Just simply gong to say yes they should be able to serve their country. They shouldn't be treated any differently because they aren't different. Simple as that <3

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

I'm with Cassie's reasoning. I have a lot of friends that are trans- and I've even seen one of them go through the process of realization of why he never felt like himself and how much good it did when he realized who he was and acted on it. He went from being paranoid of touch to willingly high fiving me. His fear of touch was because his own body sickened him. I can only imagine others have felt the same at some point- the fact they're stuck in a body they feel doesn't belong to them because of gender. The stigma around transgender people is sadly very strong, but in my mind, they're the stronger ones- and they know war in their own way: a war with themselves, those around them against their realization, and then some. Why shouldn't those with that kind of mental strength from fighting for themselves for so long not be allowed to enlist? They should have the right to do what anyone else can- because they're still part of everyone else!

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 months ago

There's no good reason not to let trans people serve. Expressing their true selves should not bar them from doing anything, including serving in the military.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

DanTheMan
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanTheMan » 2 months ago

I am not against it. However, there are some medical instances where if someone is not aware of what gender was identified at birth there could be issues for the trans person if they are in need of medicine and get the wrong dose or something.

Though, I think the government could still let them serve as long as the person is aware of the risks and takes proper percausions for their own well being.

masterminor
Cutie
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by masterminor » 2 months ago

As a Transman myself I think we should be allowed. I wouldn't be able to because of other conditions, but my trans brothers, sisters, and other siblings should be able to serve!

MrBeingcool
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by MrBeingcool » 2 months ago

Yes.

Why do i only say "yes" as my definitive answer: What's the point of hating them for being trans? Trans people are human too, they're not animals or aliens you can pick on. Sadly, humanity is already as messed up as possible...

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

MrBeingcool wrote:
2 months ago
they're not animals or aliens you can pick on
Why do you pick on my alien brethren? But seriously, good note! :3

MrBeingcool
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by MrBeingcool » 2 months ago

Juneberry wrote:
2 months ago
MrBeingcool wrote:
2 months ago
they're not animals or aliens you can pick on
Why do you pick on my alien brethren? But seriously, good note! :3
I mean, it's true though. Humanity has this urge to hate on each other whatsoever. Trans people should be part of the regular community, and be what they feel they should be.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

MrBeingcool wrote:
2 months ago
I mean, it's true though. Humanity has this urge to hate on each other whatsoever. Trans people should be part of the regular community, and be what they feel they should be.
It certainly is true. Humanity just seems to need someone to hate or blame for when things go wrong. It's always been this way, and while it never should have been, it probably always will be ><