Should Trans People Be Allowed to serve their country?

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

I think the concern some in the military have when it comes to trans people is that trans people have mental illnesses that occur from gender dysphoria and such and some mental illnesses can be hindrances that could cause severe issues or even potential death for your fellow soldier. I have a ftm friend and he has severe depression due to being trans so badly I doubt any military would allow him to join. That said I don't think a trans person should be barred from joining because they're trans. I do think however if they're not mentally stable they shouldn't join but I would say that for any person no matter their gender, sexuality, race, and so on. The military is a high stress career and not for everyone.

jasony
Reactions:

Post by jasony » 1 month ago

Like it or not, the military is crawling with homophobes - especially against gays - as in male homosexuals/trans.

It's just the way it is there - so it's difficult for LGBT people to get along. I mean, gosh, it's tough enough being around those types - OUTSIDE the military. Who has similar experiences? Note, not saying I'm gay etc.. but that - they don't like misfits.

Well, it's not just they're homophobes - but they're just Cluster B personality, jock type - extroverts. But those types are often good leaders - so they excel in the military. They are more-than-not - psychos - scraping by in the service because the illness helps/not hurts.
Last edited by jasony 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

Yumika
Cutie
Reactions:

Post by Yumika » 1 month ago

Wars are meaningless depopulation tools and only benefit greedy politicians. You should be allowed to serve, as long as you have no medical conditions reducing your productivity level.

jasony
Reactions:

Post by jasony » 1 month ago

I don't think all military people are monsters - like say, prison people. However, it's certainly a place unfriendly to the cultural left.