Too Many Franchises!

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
jasony
Reactions:

Too Many Franchises!

Post by jasony » 2 months ago

Well, affiliate marketing is certainly revolutionary - and an integral part of capitalism - but, nonetheless, I'm so sick of these maggot franchises! O.K., great, there's another Wal Mart or McDonalds ruining the view! I mean, what about restaurants with real local flavor - and honestly, the attempts to make a "local Applebees" are sort of lame!

Anyhow, anti-franchises are making a comeback I think - and the reason is that people get a more personal service.

O.K., what local shops or restaurants have you shopped at? How did you like them?
Last edited by jasony 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Too Many Franchises!

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 months ago

I live in an area with many local restaurants, and you certainly get more personal service there (and better quality food in a lot of cases).
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Too Many Franchises!

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

There's a story David Bowie related about a small town in Italy that he loved so much and cried in sorrow when it finally got a McDonalds. Unfortunately especially if you live in small towns there's very little you can do. You have to buy your basic needs from some super store.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Too Many Franchises!

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

My pharmacy is a small, family operated pharmacy. It caters to the many Russian Jews that live in the town next to mine, and is full of unique products as well as common ones. The pharmacist is a very kind man and gives us a discount on all the stuff he sells, like snacks and stuff, for being regulars. He also patiently explains what the random Russian goods are when I ask him because I can't tell with just a picture.

In terms of food shopping, the only real local choice to me is ACME. I hate them, though, as they're extremely overpriced. We prefer going a few towns away to Trader Joes- still a franchise, but one I consider rather good.