Reason for Living

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Reason for Living

Post by slooroo » 3 months ago

I guess this is a debate/discussion fusion. I find the will to live such a fascinating and strange topic. Personally I've become long disinterested in whether I'm alive or dead yet the huge majority of humanity wants to live and would list reasons for that, no matter how great or small those reasons are. Is there a point to living? Is it entirely subjective why or is there an actual objective reason to it?

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Reason for Living

Post by Juneberry » 3 months ago

I personally think it's very subjective as per the reason. I was raised to think we all were born for a purpose and a person- and, while I failed the purpose my mother had given me (aka why she wanted me), I still continue to live in search for a purpose that isn't so unfair and pointless to dwell over. Perhaps, to me, the point of life is the journey to find your own purpose.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Reason for Living

I probably made this thread sound darker than I intended but oh well.
Juneberry wrote:
3 months ago
I personally think it's very subjective as per the reason.
I mean really that's the correct statement as far I'm concerned. I just find it fascinating people try so hard to live. It shows how much power a subjective meaning can have.

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Reason for Living

Post by Ravenfreak » 3 months ago

When it comes down to it, we're here to just keep humans from going extinct, though that won't happen anytime soon since IMO there's a overpopulation issue but that's for a different topic. That's just the whole meaning of our existence, but it's up to you to determine what life you wish to have.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Reason for Living

Ravenfreak wrote:
3 months ago
overpopulation
Overpopulation is a meme honestly. The planet could easily house more humans if humanity was more efficient. The issue is we're not efficient. Not that the topic is for this thread I guess.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Reason for Living

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 months ago

Three years ago I would have said that I have no reason to live and that life serves no purpose, but now I actually have things around me that give me a purpose--primarily my family. As such, I have a reason to live now.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Reason for Living

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 months ago
Three years ago I would have said that I have no reason to live and that life serves no purpose, but now I actually have things around me that give me a purpose--primarily my family. As such, I have a reason to live now.
Family is a powerful motivator. Really if my parents were dead I would care about less about my life than I do now.

jasony
Reactions:

Reason for Living

Post by jasony » 2 months ago

Our reasons for living are often deceptive. I suppose most people are living for one or more of the following: success, sex, drugs, sports/fitness.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Reason for Living

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

I mean really most people don't question their existence all that much. I'm sometimes amazed at how pointless someone's life can be and they're 100% happy.

jasony
Reactions:

Reason for Living

Post by jasony » 2 months ago

slooroo wrote:
3 months ago
Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 months ago
Family is a powerful motivator. Really if my parents were dead I would care about less about my life than I do now.
Family can also be a massive pain in the neck.