Should Euthanasia Be Legal?

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 3 weeks ago

So Euthanasia, a big topic that's been up for debate for decades. The process of essentially killing someone who's already suffering, and no longer wishes to be kept alive. Honestly for me I think it comes down to the person's situation. If they have a incurable disease, and are suffering I think they should have the right to say "Hey I don't wish to suffer any longer, just get it over with so I don't have to continue suffering." If someone is suicidal, I think seeking help like therapy, and medications is the way to go. I'm curious to see what you all think about the subject.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 3 weeks ago

I feel like it should be therapy necessary before it in general, because people who are suicidal feel like they're suffering as well- which, in general, they are. It may be caused by improper chemicals in the brain, but the fact is depression is a serious disease and, while treatable, isn't exactly easily cured. Many mental health issues are like that. And many times, the person with an incurable disease, such as cancer, is more depressed than anything- it's a form of suffering all its own. Many things have to do with mindset... So therapy before it's done would be good, in my opinion.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 3 weeks ago

I do think there should be proper checks before euthanasia for someone sick and knowing they're going to die and won't recover but they should have the right. I'd even go as far as to say someone has the RIGHT to commit suicide even if ideally they shouldn't and should seek mental health resources.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 weeks ago

I don't believe that anybody has the right to tell people that they have to remain alive if they are suffering.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

jasony
Reactions:

Post by jasony » 3 weeks ago

I'm very cynical about relatives - who think they know best! I'm having a tough time with them now! In other words, they are being tyrannical putting my mom in a nursing home and/or assisted living. I mean, my mom's - a free spirit! So when will the tyranny end?

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 weeks ago

jasony wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'm very cynical about relatives - who think they know best! I'm having a tough time with them now! In other words, they are being tyrannical putting my mom in a nursing home and/or assisted living. I mean, my mom's - a free spirit! So when will the tyranny end?
Certainly, as her child, you should be able to stop that?
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

jasony
Reactions:

Post by jasony » 2 weeks ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 weeks ago
jasony wrote:
3 weeks ago
Certainly, as her child, you should be able to stop that?
I'm getting a lawyer. :mad: lol :-D