The Democrats Losing the Common Man

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
Post Reply
User avatar
jasony
Reactions:
Posts: 73
Joined: 4 months ago

The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by jasony » 2 months ago

Well, one shirt I saw had Trump as a superhero revealing a shirt saying "Make America Great Again". Yet, another shirt showed him riding a Harley.

O.K. no secret as to the subliminal messages here! :secret:

User avatar
Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Posts: 3516
Joined: 5 months ago
Location: Cutieville
Gender: Female
Referrals: 9
Age: 4
Contact:
Argentina

The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 months ago

The Democrats are losing everyone. They alienate the left by being too corporate and authoritarian and the right by being called Democrats.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

User avatar
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Posts: 3519
Joined: 3 months ago
Location: TN
Gender: Male
Mood:
Age: 27
United States of America

The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

The Democrats had a successful strategy when they were seen as the party for working class people. For whatever insane reason they decided to give up this status and hand it to the Republicans on a silver platter.

User avatar
jasony
Reactions:
Posts: 73
Joined: 4 months ago

The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by jasony » 1 month ago

slooroo wrote:
2 months ago
The Democrats had a successful strategy when they were seen as the party for working class people. For whatever insane reason they decided to give up this status and hand it to the Republicans on a silver platter.
They don't need white votes - cause they have black and Hispanic ones - and even illegal Hispanic ones.

User avatar
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Posts: 3519
Joined: 3 months ago
Location: TN
Gender: Male
Mood:
Age: 27
United States of America

The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

jasony wrote:
1 month ago
cause they have black and Hispanic ones - and even illegal Hispanic ones.
Which is a losing strategy. African American and Hispanic turnout rates are awful. Mississippi and Texas would be bluer than California if this strategy was viable.

User avatar
jasony
Reactions:
Posts: 73
Joined: 4 months ago

The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by jasony » 1 month ago

slooroo wrote:
1 month ago
jasony wrote:
1 month ago
cause they have black and Hispanic ones - and even illegal Hispanic ones.
Which is a losing strategy. African American and Hispanic turnout rates are awful. Mississippi and Texas would be bluer than California if this strategy was viable.
The big fight in the 60s was over voting. That's what the KKK was all up in arms about - the most.

User avatar
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Posts: 3519
Joined: 3 months ago
Location: TN
Gender: Male
Mood:
Age: 27
United States of America

The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

jasony wrote:
1 month ago
The big fight in the 60s was over voting. That's what the KKK was all up in arms about - the most.
Indeed but that was the 1960s. In 2019 African American and Hispanic turnout for elections is awful to say the least. When I lived in Memphis a personal friend of Martin Luther King's who is a pastor in Memphis held a meeting at his church for the BLM movement which was pretty good sized at the time. He had actual hundreds of people there. He tried to explain to them how while protesting is fine the BLM movement will only make change through voting and backing candidates that would do more for them. He had voter registration cards to give everyone. Not a single person took a card. He actually counted himself to see. Generally POC voters back the Democratic party. Therefore unless the Democrats have plans to drastically improve the voter turnout of POC I can't see this strategy of letting white working class people go to the Republicans being successful. Hell the Democrats are already banking too much on thinking Donald Trump has destroyed any support he had over his term which is also ridiculous. If anything Trump has helped the Republicans rebrand in a lot of areas and will probably only see more growth in a lot of areas, especially as some disastrous Obama Administration policies are hitting key swing states.

User avatar
jasony
Reactions:
Posts: 73
Joined: 4 months ago

Re: The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by jasony » 1 month ago

slooroo wrote:
1 month ago
jasony wrote:
1 month ago
The big fight in the 60s was over voting. That's what the KKK was all up in arms about - the most.
Indeed but that was the 1960s. In 2019 African American and Hispanic turnout for elections is awful to say the least. When I lived in Memphis a personal friend of Martin Luther King's who is a pastor in Memphis held a meeting at his church for the BLM movement which was pretty good sized at the time. He had actual hundreds of people there. He tried to explain to them how while protesting is fine the BLM movement will only make change through voting and backing candidates that would do more for them. He had voter registration cards to give everyone. Not a single person took a card. He actually counted himself to see. Generally POC voters back the Democratic party. Therefore unless the Democrats have plans to drastically improve the voter turnout of POC I can't see this strategy of letting white working class people go to the Republicans being successful. Hell the Democrats are already banking too much on thinking Donald Trump has destroyed any support he had over his term which is also ridiculous. If anything Trump has helped the Republicans rebrand in a lot of areas and will probably only see more growth in a lot of areas, especially as some disastrous Obama Administration policies are hitting key swing states.
Right wing politics don't benefit the poor much - so only "beat up poor white people" might support it - despite nothing to gain from it.

But, surprisingly, Trump was still able to get past this dilemma.

User avatar
Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Posts: 3516
Joined: 5 months ago
Location: Cutieville
Gender: Female
Referrals: 9
Age: 4
Contact:
Argentina

Re: The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 1 month ago

I think a lot of people saw voting for Trump as giving the middle finger to the establishment. Considering the fact that Hillary Clinton was his main opponent, I really can't blame them for thinking that way. The Democrats have only themselves to blame for losing in 2016. They had their own anti-establishment candidate that they could have run (who was packing baseball stadiums with supporters while Hillary couldn't fill up a high school gymnasium), but they chose Hillary.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

User avatar
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Posts: 3519
Joined: 3 months ago
Location: TN
Gender: Male
Mood:
Age: 27
United States of America

Re: The Democrats Losing the Common Man

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

Trump was anti-establishment and people were tired of the career politician. Not that Trump invented it. Even in recent years Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Andrew Yang, and Bernie Sanders can have large crowds but are ignored in favor of Biden's massive crowd of 5 people.

Post Reply