Why do nerds hate rednecks?

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
jasony
Reactions:

Post by jasony » 2 months ago

Why do a lot of people hate them? Could it be cause the bullies in school have a - high probability- of being rednecks? :-D Is it cause of annoying Facebook memes pretty much clarifying that the people making them - have went beyond a few jokes - to a really annoying harasser (Memes posted 24/7 on the hour)?

Finally, of course, there was always a high probability that any harassment done toward racial minorities (Jim Crow time especially) - was probably done by rednecks. ;)

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

Nerds are generally going to be introverted and interested in indoor hobbies like tabletop gaming or anime. Rednecks are going to be usually extroverted and prefer outdoor hobbies like hunting and fishing. That said the two groups have huge crossover in the south.

jasony
Reactions:

slooroo wrote:
2 months ago
Nerds are generally going to be introverted and interested in indoor hobbies like tabletop gaming or anime. Rednecks are going to be usually extroverted and prefer outdoor hobbies like hunting and fishing. That said the two groups have huge crossover in the south.
Extroverted males often cannot resist making fun of introverted males.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

jasony wrote:
2 months ago
Extroverted males often cannot resist making fun of introverted males.
I think this should be people in general, 'cause I saw it a lot with girls, usually the more active ones over the more introverted ones. I also saw males go at females and females at males. Bullying happens in all forms- that or it's just like that in New Jersey, which wouldn't surprise me in the long run honestly.

jasony
Reactions:

Some people have bad vibes. If you "offend the spirits" so to speak - you get bitten. :mad: