Liberal Elitist Snobs

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
jasony
Reactions:

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by jasony » 4 months ago

I have encountered this attitude. I can see why people hate those people - despite the fact - many rednecks probably truly deserve the hate thrown at them!

I mean, who can't get pass the flaky-ness? :-D Also, liberal elitists are not really looking at things fairly. For instance, bad exists in everyone and if - for instance, blacks bully in school and prisons, then why can't we see that a backlash is coming?

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 4 months ago

I think snobiness is an undesirable trait regardless of ideology. Snobiness certainly isn't limited to one ideology in particular.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by slooroo » 4 months ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
4 months ago
I think snobiness is an undesirable trait regardless of ideology. Snobiness certainly isn't limited to one ideology in particular.
I'm going to guess this is partly influenced by something I said in another thread. The American left wing has made the foolish decision that they don't need lower class whites and even worse go on social media and brag about how much they hate said group and constantly insults them. Hillary was an amazing example of this and somehow despite her losing and it being blatant that ignoring and insulting the interior states is a losing strategy the Democrats then go BUT HOW DID TRUMP WIN WE DON'T UNDERSTAND.

jasony
Reactions:

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by jasony » 4 months ago

Culturally right whites were almost ALWAYS snobby to non-whites in the past - especially in the south.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by slooroo » 4 months ago

If we're talking about American racism which I imagine is a radically different thread the south wasn't necessarily any more racist than the rest of the US. If anything I find historically the south's sins are aired out regularly but everyone ignores that the non-southern states were doing a lot of the same shit but get nowhere near the flogging.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 4 months ago

I think that in the other states, it was just far more subtle to the point where it was easier to ignore. The South was (and still is) more "in your face" about pretty much everything.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

jasony
Reactions:

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by jasony » 3 months ago

slooroo wrote:
4 months ago
If we're talking about American racism which I imagine is a radically different thread the south wasn't necessarily any more racist than the rest of the US. If anything I find historically the south's sins are aired out regularly but everyone ignores that the non-southern states were doing a lot of the same shit but get nowhere near the flogging.
There was a lot more blacks in the south - and after 1910, most blacks leaving - went to big cities of the North only.

Well, a lot of this hate was from fear of crime - but, always, they didn't have to bring them to the US! Not saying it in a racist way, but a way that many blacks might see it.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by slooroo » 3 months ago

jasony wrote:
3 months ago
There was a lot more blacks in the south - and after 1910, most blacks leaving - went to big cities of the North only.
Blacks attempted to enter small towns in northern states only to be run out and laws passed that banned African Americans from living in northern states. The second incarnation of the KKK had far more power in the Midwest than it did in the south, especially in Indiana. The appeal of that era of the Klan was to northerners who were experiencing massive levels of immigration and began organizing to keep out anyone who wasn't WASP. The Klan even declared the state of Oregon to be a paradise for whites only. Hell even Lincoln declared that Illinois should only be for whites.
jasony wrote:
3 months ago
they didn't have to bring them to the US!
The slave trade is a complicated process and trying to blame just one group is impossible. Everyone from African tribal leaders to European powers to people in both the northern and southern states benefited from slavery. Yes the south used a massive amount of slave labor but that was due to Africans being seen as better workers than the Irish and that Africans could handle the extreme heat of the south more than indentured servants from Europe. It also had a level of social prestige that couldn't be gained from just hiring poor southern whites to work the fields of the plantation. However many northern states benefited directly and indirectly off said slaves too whether it was selling them to the south or just getting the cotton and tobacco out of southern states to process in the factories. This is why I note blaming only the south is ridiculous and if anything it's counterproductive to creating any hopes of blacks and whites, northerners and southerners to come to a level of harmony the country needs now more than ever.

jasony
Reactions:

Liberal Elitist Snobs

Post by jasony » 3 months ago

slooroo wrote:
3 months ago
jasony wrote:
3 months ago
Blacks attempted to enter small towns in northern states only to be run out and laws passed that banned African Americans from living in northern states. The second incarnation of the KKK had far more power in the Midwest than it did in the south, especially in Indiana. The appeal of that era of the Klan was to northerners who were experiencing massive levels of immigration and began organizing to keep out anyone who wasn't WASP. The Klan even declared the state of Oregon to be a paradise for whites only. Hell even Lincoln declared that Illinois should only be for whites.
jasony wrote:
3 months ago
they didn't have to bring them to the US!
The slave trade is a complicated process and trying to blame just one group is impossible. Everyone from African tribal leaders to European powers to people in both the northern and southern states benefited from slavery. Yes the south used a massive amount of slave labor but that was due to Africans being seen as better workers than the Irish and that Africans could handle the extreme heat of the south more than indentured servants from Europe. It also had a level of social prestige that couldn't be gained from just hiring poor southern whites to work the fields of the plantation. However many northern states benefited directly and indirectly off said slaves too whether it was selling them to the south or just getting the cotton and tobacco out of southern states to process in the factories. This is why I note blaming only the south is ridiculous and if anything it's counterproductive to creating any hopes of blacks and whites, northerners and southerners to come to a level of harmony the country needs now more than ever.
Blacks were way less welcome in Lincoln's day - cause they were "more black" than now. Blacks now are a mixed people - but back in Lincoln's day, they might as well been from Nigeria.

Anyway, the closer people got to blacks - in the case of some, the more acceptance there was (in a sort of pervert way, though). For instance, we all know of the slaveholders having kids with slaves.

Anyway, of course, the North was racist in-and-out and also the south. Again, much of the blame is the same thing you see now with Mexicans. Just as I just mentioned, the more "foreign" the group seems - the more hate and distrust.