Your views on Abortion?

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Juneberry » 4 months ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
4 months ago
The problem with adoption is that there are far more children waiting to be adopted than there are people who want to adopt. :(
A fair point indeed, but I can only hope more adopt soon. :/ We can't change the system quite that easily and force people into adopting kids.

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Ravenfreak » 4 months ago

Missouri passed a law as well, but ours isn't as strict. Still it's horrible to know that there are women out there and even young girls that this bill will effect. Just two steps back as usual Missouri. :roll:

SpacewardAsh
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Your views on Abortion?

Post by SpacewardAsh » 4 months ago

Women should really have a right to choose what happens with their body. While I do not support the idea of having an abortion because it was "a mistake" due to the high amount of people who cannot have children and want children but can't adopt due to a shortage, if the child was conceived in a traumatic way e.g. rape, then I see no reason why abortion cannot be legal in this instance.

DanTheMan
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by DanTheMan » 4 months ago

My stance is this, that at conception there is life at that point or any point after is killing a human life. It may be the woman's body but the baby inside is not her body it's its own body.

I am by no means saying that rape is okay by any means so I really hope folks don't turn that against me. My fight is for the life that get's killed.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 4 months ago

DanTheMan wrote:
4 months ago
My stance is this, that at conception there is life at that point or any point after is killing a human life. It may be the woman's body but the baby inside is not her body it's its own body.
Out of curiosity, what are your stances on war and the death penalty then?
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

DanTheMan
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by DanTheMan » 4 months ago

We are discussing killing an unborn life, not the dealth penalty or war. I do not think you can compare the three because the killing of an unborn child that has no ability to defend itself and has done nothing to trigger the consequence of death.

War is usually started by one nation or another because they are an actual threat to one group of people or another. Do I wish there was war and not just peace? Absolutely not, but do I highly appreciate the protection that our army provides to our nation absolutely.

The death penalty, folks typically get there after murdering or some high crime and aren't innocent unborn children.

jasony
Reactions:

Your views on Abortion?

Post by jasony » 3 months ago

Abortion is murder - and it should not legal - even in the cases or rape or incest. I mean, it's not the kid's fault how it came about! Anyway, the abortion thing gets more tricky when serious birth defects are discussed - and I'm talking about stuff way more severe than Down's Syndrome.

O.K., some will argue abortion is a woman's right - but a woman's right to murder - isn't a right. I mean, how is there even an argument here?

What is abortion used for? How about a quick way out of irresponsible sex. Again, why should the kid be murdered for such lazy parents?

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 months ago

jasony wrote:
3 months ago
What is abortion used for? How about a quick way out of irresponsible sex. Again, why should the kid be murdered for such lazy parents?
There are virtually no forms of birth control that are one hundred percent effective.

jasony
Reactions:

Your views on Abortion?

Post by jasony » 3 months ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 months ago
jasony wrote:
3 months ago
There are virtually no forms of birth control that are one hundred percent effective.
But the kid having to die for statistics is not justifiable.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 months ago

jasony wrote:
3 months ago
But the kid having to die for statistics is not justifiable.
It's rare that you'll find someone who is an abortion enthusiast. Most of us are in agreement that abortion is something that should be reduced as much as possible. The irony is that many of the supposedly pro-life people also believe that sex education in schools should be "abstinence-only," that contraception should not be distributed in public schools, and that health insurance should not have to cover contraception.