Your views on Abortion?

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
jasony
Reactions:

Your views on Abortion?

Post by jasony » 2 months ago

https://theblacksphere.net/2019/05/appa ... -or-later/
Some kids are unwanted, so you kill them now or you kill them later. You bring them in the world unwanted, unloved, you send them to the electric chair. So, you kill them now or you kill them later,” Rogers said.

He continued by saying some children who face abortion could be “retarded” and “half-deformed.”
Typical liberal thinking - trying to play God!

Chef
Reactions:
Mood:
Croatia

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Chef » 2 months ago

On one hand, I don't think it's entirely fair to the child to be born into unfortunate circumstances (e.g. teenage mothers, absentee fathers, unloving parents, etc) as they're the most likely to get an abortion, but on the other it doesn't deserve to die; there are a lot of resources today to help children like these and, as jasony so excellently put it, it's a quick way out of irresponsible sex. By having sex, you are putting yourself at risk of having a child as reproduction is its only biological purpose. If you get pregnant, that's your fault.
World-renowed 2* chef.

Specifications:
Spoiler:
  • CPU: i3 2120
  • GPU: Intel HD 4600
  • RAM: 2GB DDR3
All posts are proudly typed with the iBuyPower™ Gaming Keyboard complete with Cherry MX Switches to ensure fast reliable 20 WPM

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Ravenfreak » 2 months ago

But what if a woman actually gets raped though? She should have a choice in whether she wishes to keep the child or not. Also what about young girls who already gone through puberty and got raped and pregnant? Do you want that child to have a child? Because that's what it seems like with "pro lifers". (I say "pro life" because really it's pro fetus. Once the child is born, and happens to be part of the lgbtq community or some other minority, people who claim to be pro life don't give a crap about that child. Not saying all do, but 99% pro life people are typically conservative and against the LGTBQ community.)

jasony
Reactions:

Your views on Abortion?

Post by jasony » 2 months ago

Chef wrote:
2 months ago
On one hand, I don't think it's entirely fair to the child to be born into unfortunate circumstances (e.g. teenage mothers, absentee fathers, unloving parents, etc) as they're the most likely to get an abortion, but on the other it doesn't deserve to die; there are a lot of resources today to help children like these and, as jasony so excellently put it, it's a quick way out of irresponsible sex. By having sex, you are putting yourself at risk of having a child as reproduction is its only biological purpose. If you get pregnant, that's your fault.
Exactly - and how many of us have had a rough life? Well, I suppose (sarcasm) our moms could have ABORTED US to save us the trouble. :(

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 months ago

jasony wrote:
2 months ago
Well, I suppose (sarcasm) our moms could have ABORTED US to save us the trouble. :(
I mean, it's not like we'd know the difference.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

jasony
Reactions:

Your views on Abortion?

Post by jasony » 1 month ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
2 months ago
jasony wrote:
2 months ago
Well, I suppose (sarcasm) our moms could have ABORTED US to save us the trouble. :(
I mean, it's not like we'd know the difference.
The point is - and sorry to use the melodramatic Nazi example - well, the Nazis did the same, using eugenics, trying to play God. I don't see the difference here.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

I've avoided this thread for awhile since I've been wanting to try to word myself as best I can. The best way I can describe myself is the most reluctant pro-choice. I have high sympathies for pro-life and honestly in an ideal world for me there would be zero abortions. On top of that I would prefer the abortion not to happen in an ideal situation. That said the state of Florida has an interesting law where it's recorded and compiled the reasoning of each mother who receives an abortion.

https://ahca.myflorida.com/MCHQ/Central ... n_2018.pdf

The massive, overwhelming reason for most people receiving an abortion if we're to presume most are being honest in their report to the state of Florida is due to social and economic reasons. Presumably if every state in the US had the same laws the statistics would possibly be similar. So as a reluctant pro-choicer/wishful pro-lifer the most sense to me would be to combat stigmas against single and low income parents, have more resources including financial assistance for single and low income parents, improve economic situations for such groups, revamp the foster care system so adoption is easier and with said improved economic situation more people could afford to adopt and more would be willing to give children up for adoption instead of having an abortion, and so on. IF all of that plus more was done then the chances are some of these abortions being performed on that chart wouldn't have happened. Hell possibly a huge percentage of them wouldn't have happened.

Strangely however this isn't what pro-lifers attempt to do at all to combat abortion rates. It would seem pro-lifers in general take the attitude of "God demands you have this child but it's not our problem when you're suffering day in and day out to try to take care of it" which isn't a particularly Christian/Conservative Religious thing to me. At best some say these people should receive aid from community groups and churches, not the government. This also baffles me when church attendance is decreasing in America and even if it wasn't most churches are not wealthy enough to handle a massive influx of desperate parents. So when you create this strange situation of forcing birth but not attempting to aid the less fortunate I'm not really certain what the pro-life movement is expecting except for these people to choose abortion over the alternative. Pro-lifers are either going to have a take a more economical/social left attitude in order to improve the living situations of these people to create a more stable environment that encourages parenthood or accept that abortion is an unfortunate reality.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 1 month ago

slooroo wrote:
1 month ago
Strangely however this isn't what pro-lifers attempt to do at all to combat abortion rates. It would seem pro-lifers in general take the attitude of "God demands you have this child but it's not our problem when you're suffering day in and day out to try to take care of it" which isn't a particularly Christian/Conservative Religious thing to me.
Isn't that odd? They love the children until they exit the vagina, and then they're on their own.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
1 month ago
Isn't that odd? They love the children until they exit the vagina, and then they're on their own.
It's a ridiculous mindset honestly. Even business tycoons have shown where even a small amount of charity in the right places can change a person's life so dramatically, often to where the person is able in time to become self-sufficient and no longer need social services and even go to help others creating a chain reaction. Doing what's done now is essentially setting up the parent/s and child/ren for failure and even creating the very generations of "hood rats" and "welfare queens" and "white trash" and so on they complain about when these people aren't going to have the opportunities available to become something more. Then said types breed and create more children which only increases said "undesirable" groups.