Bagels

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Bagels

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

Since I thought about bagels in another thread, and there are so many kinds of bagels and ways to eat them, it made me wonder... What kind of bagels do you like, and what do you like on them?

For me, my favorite kind of bagel is usually egg bagels. I will pretty much only eat egg or plain bagels. I'm not big on the texture of seed bagels and such. No matter what bagel I have though, I always like it with cream cheese and lox (smoked salmon).

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Bagels

Post by Ravenfreak » 1 month ago

I like French Toast bagels the most, but if I only have plain ones I like to add cinnamon and cream cheese to it. :)

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Bagels

Ravenfreak wrote:
1 month ago
I like French Toast bagels the most, but if I only have plain ones I like to add cinnamon and cream cheese to it. :)
I've never heard of French Toast bagels! :O

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Bagels

Post by Ravenfreak » 1 month ago

Walmart usually sells them. :) I'm not sure if all locations do, but the ones around here sell them. It's usually in the dairy department.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Bagels

Ravenfreak wrote:
1 month ago
Walmart usually sells them. :) I'm not sure if all locations do, but the ones around here sell them. It's usually in the dairy department.
I don't know where the closest walmart is to me but I'll have to find it when I visit my boyfriend eventually this year x3

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Bagels

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

This offends my southern sensibilities. We only eat biscuits, not bagels! That said bagels are alright and I usually like ones with fruit in them. I don't eat them that often just because I don't eat breakfast much. The last day of my last class in college before I graduated a guy bought the entire class including the professor free bagels. That was pretty fun. He didn't tell anyone about it either, just showed up with them.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Bagels

slooroo wrote:
1 month ago
This offends my southern sensibilities. We only eat biscuits, not bagels! That said bagels are alright and I usually like ones with fruit in them. I don't eat them that often just because I don't eat breakfast much. The last day of my last class in college before I graduated a guy bought the entire class including the professor free bagels. That was pretty fun. He didn't tell anyone about it either, just showed up with them.
I actually didn't know biscuits were particularly more common than bagels anywhere. I eat biscuits and I eat bagels. Bagels are just what came to mind at the time xD

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Bagels

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

Juneberry wrote:
1 month ago
I actually didn't know biscuits were particularly more common than bagels anywhere. I eat biscuits and I eat bagels. Bagels are just what came to mind at the time xD
Biscuits are a staple breakfast food in the south, especially rural areas. It's pretty common for dinner too if someone doesn't want cornbread. We have bagels but you'll go out of your way to find them. 99.9% of restaurants will be serving biscuits.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Bagels

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 1 month ago

I like onion bagels with cream cheese (with chives). :3
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Bagels

Post by Megan » 1 month ago

I like French toast ones and ones with onions!