A Cake Just For You

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

A Cake Just For You

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

So, my boyfriend's mom is a cake decorator, and I mean she does the whole shebang of fondant, using a specialized printer and edible paper, etc. I've seen some of her work, both in pictures and in person, and it makes me wonder as I think back on it...

What would the perfect cake be for you? I mean everything from the flavor down to the design. What kind of design would you want, or what would it have in it that symbolizes you and the things you like? Go nuts and share what your perfect cake would be!

I only thought about it for a split second, but... I'd probably like mine to be a farm. I've always had a fascination with cows, which eventually lead to my love of the Harvest Moon franchise. So for me, it'd probably be a cake covered in edible green 'grass', a cow roaming somewhere on it, and maybe a tree or two to add to the landscape. Also, for some reason, spider lilies would be on it because I'm slightly obsessed with that flower. Aside from that... I'd probably like a red velvet cake with layers of cream, vanilla or chocolate.

So what about you guys? What's YOUR perfect cake?

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

A Cake Just For You

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

The one in my stomach. To give a more serious answer I care about taste more than looks. I'm rather fond of red velvet and various chocolate cakes. My childhood babysitter was an older woman and she used to make some amazing chocolate cakes but she'd only bake them for church functions if I requested it ahead of it. Sadly she's too old to bake any now but I've become a decent baker in my own right.