Gardening

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Gardening

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

I think this fits okay in food. Does anyone else garden? It doesn't even have to be a big garden. When I lived in the city I used to grow tomato plants off the back porch of my apartment. Now that I'm home my family and I grow a bit of everything and mix it up some year after year. Right now the main things coming in is tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, potatoes, and blackberries.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Gardening

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

I used to have a veggie garden when I lived with my aunt in California. The tomatoes were the only thing that survived... but this was long ago, so I don't remember what else we were trying to grow. I know at my grandmother's house, she had a veggie garden, but I was rarely allowed to help except watering it.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Gardening

My dad always grew a garden but I think my instance of helping with one was when I stayed with a babysitter. She was an older woman but grew a massive garden and did all the work herself. So staying with her I did what I could do when I was little like plant seeds or pick ripe veggies. When I got a bit older then I helped her trim her bushes. I helped my parents too with that stuff around that time as well. I just think my earliest memory of it was with her though.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 8
Argentina

Gardening

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 1 month ago

We have some tomato plants at our house, but that's about it.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Gardening

Tomatoes are a classic and pretty easy to grow. It's definitely one of the best tasting things on the planet.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Gardening

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

slooroo wrote:
1 month ago
Tomatoes are a classic and pretty easy to grow. It's definitely one of the best tasting things on the planet.
Isn't it though? I looove tomatoes... But somehow I know people who don't like them at all, or are extra picky on when they eat them *cough* my dad *cough*. More tomatoes for me though~

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Gardening

Oh well sell tons of tomatoes and eat the other tons. Probably the most popular thing we got.

Lammchen
Reactions:
United States of America

Gardening

Post by Lammchen » 1 month ago

I had a pretty big garden last year but it was so much work and the heavy rains spoiled a lot of the plants so it was sad. I was happy about all the zucchini that didn't care about the wet ground though and it was great to heat it up with the cherry tomatoes, onions and basil for a quick and lo-cal meal.

Are your gardens fenced in to keep out the animals? That's another thing about my garden...the fencing started to rust and it wasn't supposed to do that!

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Gardening

Lammchen wrote:
1 month ago
Are your gardens fenced in to keep out the animals?
It's not. We get problems with rabbits and turtles but we feel so sorry for them since the state park is such a mess from mass logging we just let them eat their fill. Our garden is so big we still end up having more than enough. The Japanese beetles on the other hand can go die.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Gardening

Post by slooroo » 1 week ago

So the strangest plant came up in the garden out of some seeds my uncle gave me. They're yellow and about the size of a peach but they're actually cantaloupes. They're pretty good but it's surprising.