Varieties of Food

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
Cmdr Data
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Varieties of Food

Post by Cmdr Data » 3 months ago

Like everything else in life, there are hundreds and thousands of choices for things as simple as what side dish to eat with my steak. I've found food to be a big divider between myself and others. The dreaded, "what do you want to eat" question comes up and the "I don't knows" come alive. My wife and I always boil it down to specific restaurants or types of food.

What types of food do you prefer? Why? Do you enjoy your favorite Mexican dish? Or maybe it's pasta night?

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Varieties of Food

Post by Juneberry » 3 months ago

Half the way we decide where to eat is whether or not they use corn products in their food- if they know which ones have corn in it, whether it be corn syrup or starch, we'll try them and dad just has to eat the things that aren't on that list. But in general, we tend towards Italian most nights. My favorite things to get from our main pizzeria is either their veggie stuffed pizza or a wrap. I'm also varied on which desserts I want on a given day.

That said, the food in our house is organized based on who can safely eat it. We mostly eat protein bars, granola bars, beef (me as hotdogs dad as burgers). There's no milk in the house so I won't eat cereal much. We also eat a LOT of noodle bowls and pasta.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Varieties of Food

Post by slooroo » 3 months ago

I have a love for spicy food. So things like Mexican dishes and asian dishes are up my alley. Really as long as it doesn't smell bad and it tastes fine I'll eat it except for some quirks like I lose my appetite if my tongue touches a bone.