Restaurants and Fast Food

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

So I think most people have eaten one or both before. Discuss ones you like and hate!

I really, really miss basically every restaurant in Memphis. That said the local BBQ place here is really good and often wins state, national, and international awards for their food.

Juneberry
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

I haven't had fast food in months because we can't get there with no (legal) driver in the household. As for restaurants, there's a few really good ones in the area with food my dad can safely eat. Mostly pizzerias, but also a chinese place.

Last time I actually went out to eat was in May with my aunt, who took me to a restaurant my friends intended to bring me to but found out that day that it was closed. It's a sort of mixed Japanese/Thai restaurant if I recall. They had really yummy food.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

We don't have Thai local but I can drive a hour ish to one but I haven't tried it yet. We got Chinese and Japanese and both are decent for where I live. I used to live next to a Chinese restaurant in Memphis that served ridiculous portion sizes for cheap and I could have a week's worth of meals off of it.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

I ate at quite a few excellent restaurants in New York. i didn't get many opportunities to eat in Canada but the food was solid there too.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 1 month ago

We’ve actually been eating out a lot lately. Normally we don’t, though I’ll often treat myself.

Mostly use one of those many delivery places. Chinese place on there we like. Also like Arby’s, Red Robin, Applebee’s, stuff like that. Oh and Wendy’s.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

I can say for a fact I have to drive roughly a hour or so to get to any of those but Wendy's which is closer.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 1 month ago

slooroo wrote:
1 month ago
I can say for a fact I have to drive roughly a hour or so to get to any of those but Wendy's which is closer.
Luckily we have those close. Burger King is further though so we never go there.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

In terms of chains I should note I'm pretty fond of Genghis Grill although it's a bit far from me. I just like throwing stuff in a bowl and they cook it.