Weird habits when eating?

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

So, does this happen to anyone else? A person hasn't seen you eat before for whatever reason or something, and the way you eat surprises them somehow? It happens to me a lot, because I always eat my meals 'in order'- i.e., I won't start eating my fries until my main dish is all eaten, and I won't eat my other side dish until the fries are all eaten, etc. I used to hate my food touching because it made it 'less pure' to me, too. When people see me eating like this, I get some interesting looks and questions sometimes, but it's just how I enjoy my food.

Another interesting thing for me is when I have a coated ice cream bar, I eat all the coating off of it (and occasionally some ice cream if it comes off with it) before I eat the ice cream itself. Which may sorta relate to my previous example.

So, what about you guys? Do you have any weird habits when you eat? Or do you just wanna react to my weirdness?

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

I'll food in order usually but not always. The main thing people stare at me in wonder is how much I can drink. When I went to a buffet with a friend and his family they stared at me baffled how I could go through so many teas.

nate9000
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by nate9000 » 2 months ago

I'll usually save the last bite of my fav thing for last. but my strange eating habit is that I have Misophonia, hearing and watching other people eat causes me to experience extreme irrational agitation. It's not something I can control so I usually try and eat alone or with headphones on. oh and I try not to look at anyone either because if i can see it, my brain "fills in the sound for me".. :stressed: The issue is so bad sometimes hearing myself chew in my own head upsets me. :cry:

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

That sounds really difficult! I'm sorry to hear how much trouble the condition causes! But I also know how irritating hearing yourself chew is. When I have my ear defenders on (the kind used for power tools that I use for daily life situations)... I always hear myself chew and it's disgusting and loud and gives me a violent headache I swear.