Vegetarian/Vegan Food

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Vegetarian/Vegan Food

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

So I'm not either of those things but I do occasionally enjoy trying products that fit this label. Skipping meat some doesn't hurt you and it's always fun to try something new. So today I tried Burger King's Impossible Burger, their new vegetarian burger with no animal products according to their advertising! I couldn't help but immediately notice the calorie count for the meal is only 20 calories less than a regular Whopper which humored me greatly. The actual burger isn't half bad though. The "meat" doesn't taste 100% the same as regular beef but it's not bad but I think it takes on the flame grilled taste stronger than the beef. As an entire sandwich though it's pretty good and honestly you could probably give it to most people in a blind taste test and they probably wouldn't really notice the difference too much.

nate9000
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Vegetarian/Vegan Food

Post by nate9000 » 2 months ago

I agree, I'm by no means a vegetarian or vegan but I like veggie burgers and vegetarian dishes. I worked at Bk for 10 years and I had the regular veggie burger basically every other day. I haven't tried the impossible whopper yet but i'll give it a shot soon. Oh and if someone is a vegetarian the impossible patties are cooked on the broiler along with the beef so that's something to keep in mind.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Vegetarian/Vegan Food

Post by Juneberry » 2 months ago

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian either, but I do like some vegetarian foods sometimes. Veggie burgers can be quite yummy, and so can nut based cream sauce. I get a TV dinner that has chicken in it but is otherwise vegetarian- spinach fettucini, I think it was cashew cream sauce but can't remember honestly... and then chicken. Honestly, I think that pasta dish would be fine without the chicken too.

Deleted User 142
Reactions:

Vegetarian/Vegan Food

Post by Deleted User 142 » 2 months ago

Quorn ultimate burgers are good.

Pretty much quarter pounder. Unfortunately Quorn’s only readily available in Europe.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Vegetarian/Vegan Food

Post by slooroo » 2 months ago

Frozen vegan meals are a coin toss. They're always either surprisingly good or an instant trip to puketown.