Discontinued Foods/Drinks & Limited Edition Flavors

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 3 weeks ago

I'm currently drinking a limited edition flavor of Mountain Dew called Voo Dew and it got me thinking, what were/are some of your favorite limited edition flavors of any food or drink? Or perhaps there was some old flavor of something that was discontinued that you miss? I suppose the two can be mixed together since they're similar right? :P For discontinued drinks, Mountain Dew Typhoon is number one on my list. It was and still is my favorite flavor of Mountain Dew. It was a tropical punch twist on the soft drink, and it was amazing! Next for a discontinued drink, I loved Vault specifically the red flavor. I can't recall if it was Strawberry or Cherry, but I was disappointed when it was gone. I remember a local Chinese restaurant had a few bottles and they were the only place to get the soda back in 2010. It was like the spiritual successor to Surge, but at least Surge is back! As for limited edition drinks, I loved Game Fuel and the current version is inferior to the original Game Fuel. I also miss the Amp line of energy drinks, I think the original flavor is still in circulation but all the other flavors were replaced with Kickstarts and Game Fuels... As for discontinued snacks I miss Dunkaroos probably the most of all. If I can recall any other limited edition/discontinued foods I'll add them later.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 3 weeks ago

I oddly think McDonalds of all places makes one of the best Mushroom Swiss burgers and they never keep it on the menu permanently. They didn't use the same recipe as before the last time they brought it back and it wasn't AS good due to it.

nate9000
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by nate9000 » 3 weeks ago

There was a hugely controversial drink back in the day called "cocaine" It was just another energy drink that has a strange tingly (sort of spicy) fizz when you drank it. it was neat. obviously it had no drugs in it (just caffeine & taurine) but I guess the name was shocking enough where it got pulled from shelves (atleast in my area) If i remember right they tried changing the name to "no name" and back to cocaine again following several legal battles. I'm reading now that it's still available online but that's way too much effort for me. lol

oh completely random note, if you mix Code Red Mtn. Dew and Raspberry Fanta you basically have a faux Baja Blast

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 3 weeks ago

nate9000 wrote:
3 weeks ago
if you mix Code Red Mtn. Dew and Raspberry Fanta you basically have a faux Baja Blast
I used to mix drinks but I never considered that combo

Megan
Ferret Queen
Reactions:

Post by Megan » 3 weeks ago

I remember Wegmans had these awesome chips in teriyaki flavor. They were so good! I miss them.

Also love when various fast food places have seasonal shakes and stuff. I like McDonalds shamrock and creamsicle (a few places do this one). I think Red Robin once had a pumpkin one. Speaking of pumpkin, I like that season cause Tops carries pumpkin muffins which are awesome.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Discontinued Foods/Drinks & Limited Edition Flavors

Post by slooroo » 2 weeks ago

We no longer have a Papa Johns but some of their limited edition pizzas are pretty good like the hamburger pizza.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Re: Discontinued Foods/Drinks & Limited Edition Flavors

Post by Juneberry » 2 weeks ago

Dad has noticed a lot of Kashi brand cookies are being discontinued at least with Amazon. Apparently my favorite, the chocolate chocolate chip, is gone completely. ;-;