Cultural Appropriation

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
jasony
Reactions:

Re: Cultural Appropriation

Post by jasony » 2 weeks ago

slooroo wrote:
1 month ago
jasony wrote:
1 month ago
Nationalist A-holes are leading the charge on most of this. For instance, all the Asian nationalist sites - which oddly enough are as racist as the white ones - where they continually bitch about "white-washed" Asians.
Well yes and no. Asia is pretty xenophobic in general. Famous Japanese author Haruki Murakami constantly suffers criticisms in Japan for his works not being "Japanese enough" due to Murakami preferring western literature and taking heavy influence from it for his own. Even white nationalists humorously aren't as xenophobic on average as Asia. White nationalists do seem to pick and choose what non-whites they enjoy.
jasony wrote:
1 month ago
Highly homogeneous schools have kids mean to mixed raced kids, other races, intolerant to other cultures. My own school was white - full of racist BS - and also I had a sibling bullied in an all-black school.
Racism is anywhere. I wouldn't necessarily say a lot of kids from suburbia are so much intentionally racist as they are ignorant about other cultures and fear it if it's outside of a sanitized Mexican restaurant. Which thinking about it is probably why this cultural appropriation shit exists. These tumblr kids only experience a culture besides their own in a controlled environment like when mommy decides it's a nice weekend for Chinese food.
I bet racists can't stand amusement parks, lol. I was at Dollywood recently - and blacks/mixed race (mostly mixed race) everywhere! But I bet that's the only place a lot of people see other cultures. But it could be the lower prices are simply attracting the poor - so richer families are going elsewhere.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 2 weeks ago

Dolly Parton is a wonderful woman who does everything she can to help the less fortunate no matter their background. She's one of the few respectable rich people who haven't forgotten what it's like to be poor.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 weeks ago

slooroo wrote:
2 weeks ago
Dolly Parton is a wonderful woman who does everything she can to help the less fortunate no matter their background. She's one of the few respectable rich people who haven't forgotten what it's like to be poor.
Would it be fair to say that she remembers the feeling of...

working nine to five?

:3
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch