Remedy Entertainment

[2.0x] Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Kaunisto
Cutie
Reactions:
Finland

Remedy Entertainment

Post by Kaunisto » 1 week ago

Remedy, the pride of Finnish game industry. Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break and now Control. Have you played any of Remedy's games?

I myself have Max Payne 1&2 on PC, have just started replaying the first one. It's more difficult than I remember, especially because I've played lot more shooters on this decade than before, I had imagined I'd do better than back when I've played it before.
I like MP1 bit better than the second, I think it's more consistent in both style and difficulty. Plus I'm not quite happy where the plot goes in MP2.

I also have to point out GBA version of Max Payne. I played it on emulator and it was an excellent example of how to convert a game to a device with enormously lesser capabilities: keep the spirit and style, while recreating gameplay to fit the device. I haven't played that many GBA games, but Max Payne is definitely in my top 10.

Other Remedy game I've played is their first title Death Rally (later republished to various platforms). I remember quite enjoying that too. Fun little game that didn't feel unfair like so many of driving games of all sorts.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Remedy Entertainment

Post by slooroo » 1 week ago

I played Max Payne but it's been forever so I remember little beyond bullet time.