Strange Food

[1.0x] Discuss everything about food--eating, cooking, restaurants, recipes, et cetera!
Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Strange Food

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

Do you ever watch someone eat after putting something on their food that makes you just wonder 'why'? This thread is to talk about those things: foods you personally find weird put together, yet you've seen it happen with your own eyes. Have you tried any of these mixtures? Were they any good to you?

My boyfriend makes peanut butter sandwiches. When he said he was making those, I just figured it would be just peanut butter and bread. But then, something weird happened. He took out actual butter. When I stared confused, he pointed at the peanut butter saying 'peanut', then to the butter saying 'butter'. He was literally making sandwiches with both peanut butter and regular butter you think of as a baking ingredient.

I tried it myself. I wasn't a fan of the taste, but the texture wasn't too bad. The butter helped keep the peanut butter from sticking to the roof of my mouth, which was nice... but I probably won't eat that again.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Strange Food

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

My parents find me dipping French fries in mayo weird. Or that I mix mustard and ketchup for corn dogs.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

I've done both of those things. I've also dipped french fries into sour cream. I don't see the weirdness your parents do.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

I don't know if it's weird but frog legs are pretty common in my area. Tastes like chicken.