Your views on Abortion?

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Re: Your views on Abortion?

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 4 months ago

Adoption is a great option whether you are infertile or not. I would love to adopt someday, but I don't know if we'll ever be in the financial shape to adopt a child. D:
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Cassieboo
MeowsePad's Boss
Reactions:
Mood:

Re: Your views on Abortion?

Post by Cassieboo » 4 months ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
4 months ago
Adoption is a great option whether you are infertile or not. I would love to adopt someday, but I don't know if we'll ever be in the financial shape to adopt a child. D:
Hopefully one day!

Barathemos
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Barathemos » 3 months ago

I live in the south and have been...affected by the recent bills that have been passed.

I am all for abortion as long as it is conducted within the first four months of pregnancy. I generally believe in a woman’s right to choose, especially if the woman is in danger due to issues carrying a child.

I agree with Jamie above, when I get older, if I do want kids, I likely would choose to adopt. The amount of children going through horrible things in the foster care system is staggering, and I would love the opportunity to take a child out of that system and give them a loving family and a home.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Juneberry » 3 months ago

I'm from the north, but I also agree that there should be a restriction as to how long a woman has to get an abortion. The thing is, it should be a fairly decent time- enough that the expecting mother will actually know she's pregnant, because there are women who go over a month unaware. I also think it makes sense in cases of rape or incest, to be honest, to allow abortion- the likelihood of disease and/or severe stress in the household won't be good for the baby anyway... It's just a more painful death sentence forcing them to be born potentially.

That said, I also already decided I'd rather adopt than have a child of my own by blood. It'll still be my child if/when I adopt~

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 months ago

Some of the more restrictive bills only allow women a few weeks to decide. I would say up to about six months should be the limit. Six months is roughly the cutoff point for when a fetus is viable for survival.

Barathemos
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Barathemos » 3 months ago

The law in my home state (Georgia) puts the cutoff at six weeks, which is ridiculous considering women normally don’t even know they’re pregnant until week 8 or so, unless they do a test based on reasonable suspicion.

Some states (i.e. Alabama) have stricter laws that...don’t exavtly have any time period to get an abortion, yoy just can’t. I get they’re “pro-life”, but if a baby will be put in a bad position, like many unallowed abortions end up, their life really isn’t all that good...

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Your views on Abortion?

I don't really want to live in a world where children are forced to be born to parents who don't want them in the slightest...

Cassieboo
MeowsePad's Boss
Reactions:
Mood:

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Cassieboo » 3 months ago

Isn't Georgia the state I read was trying to make it so if a woman miscarried they may be faced with charges too? Especially if they think the woman did something (intentional or not) to cause it? I don't remember specifics but I remember telling Meowse when I saw it.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Your views on Abortion?

Post by Juneberry » 3 months ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 months ago
I don't really want to live in a world where children are forced to be born to parents who don't want them in the slightest...
In some cases, they were wanted early on by people who didn't fully get what the responsibility would be. Or they're wanted for really dumb reasons. My mom only wanted me because she heard pregnancy could put Crohn's into remission and such. She didn't actually want the kid she'd soon realize became the center of attention at home, though. Luckily, my dad really wanted me and loves me. I know a lot of kids don't have that- but while I may not want them to be forced to be born into that family, I was raised thinking everyone is born for a purpose and a person- so in those kids' cases, I think their adoptive parents, or even just someone that's like a parental figure to them outside of the house, could be one of the people they were born for.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Your views on Abortion?

The problem with adoption is that there are far more children waiting to be adopted than there are people who want to adopt. :(