Browsing Old Forums

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Browsing Old Forums

Post by Ravenfreak » 4 months ago

So lately I've been browsing some old forums I used to own, or browsing old forums I used to be a member on. For example I once had a Mighty No. 9 forum that pre dated the official forums and noticed it's been archived on Way Back Machine. (It's still up, but since it's on jcink hosting and has mature content, and I haven't paid for premium, it's offline for everyone but me.) I also looked up the walls have teeth, the forum that was coexisting alongside Abandoned but not Forgotten. That one's completely offline now, which is sad because it looked like it was online during the beginning of last year but was completely removed towards the end of the year. I thought it was hacked, and no longer online so I never bothered logging in again. >_> Anyways are there some old forums you like to visit or see on the way back archive?

Deleted User 59
Reactions:

Re: Browsing Old Forums

Post by Deleted User 59 » 4 months ago

Not really... most of the sites I used to visit were old forums that had a design aesthetic feel similar to a ROM hacking site known as "Acmlm's board" back from 1999-2007. I gave up on those around a month ago (and about 2 years overdue) for a variety of reasons...

* I seemed to cause drama no matter what the hell I did.
* I made a fool of myself most of the time anyway around those places.
* A specific group of people who were seriously agitated with me around 2-3 years ago think it's extremely fun to shit on me as soon as I say something they don't agree with anywhere. I'd rather stay out of the way of those lot...

miko
Reactions:

Post by miko » 4 months ago

One of the anime forums I joined in 2008 is still fairly active now, and I just recently revisited it after not going there for months. Not that I actually posted much about anime, I was just in the general / shitposting section... Most of the crowd isn't the same as the one from when I joined, but a couple people did recognize me.

That forum ran on vBulletin, so I named myself "Advanced" after the "Go Advanced" button that appears under the quick-reply box in thread pages.

Deleted User 59
Reactions:

Post by Deleted User 59 » 4 months ago

Nice inspiration for a name... I remember feeling nostalgic a while back for the "Forum Permissions" box at the bottom of whatever forum.php is called in vB3. Shame they got bought out, both vB and XenForo suck (the former is buggy, the latter seems to be JS/AJAX hell).

First forum I joined back in 2008-2009 ran IPB3... :P

Ash
Reactions:

Post by Ash » 4 months ago

After I read this, I went and attempted to find some old forums I'm a member on. This was the first forum I ever joined - http://clubpenguinplanet.forumotion.com/. It used to massive back when CP was popular and that's what got me into websites and forums.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 4 months ago

That's interesting, Ash. My first forum was an Arcanum forum that still exists to this day and gets a small amount of activity.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

This was the very first forum I joined, I was extremely cringey though. My username was bad, and my posts were horrible too. I even made multiple accounts, I have at least 4 or 5 on that forum. (Though my Raven Freak account somehow got a promotion, I'm a Member+ there. xD) If you make a search for Raven you'll see what I mean.
https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php

This is a archive of the other forum I used to browse after finding glitch city. No surprise, it's a Teen Titans forum. My username there was Ravenisawesome and my old posts were pretty bad there too.
http://tgnforums.pickm.net/index.php?si ... 7b23a3840c

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

@@Ravenfreak, why do you think I didn't link the Arcanum forum in question? ;) I guarantee that I was far more cringy than you.

Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

xD Oh man those have to be pretty bad if they're worse than mine. :P I don't blame you for not sharing them here.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Oh god. Awful is an understatement. XD