Breastfeeding in public

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
Cassieboo
MeowsePad's Boss
Reactions:
Mood:

Breastfeeding in public

Post by Cassieboo » 3 months ago

I'm very curious what others think on this topic. And I want 100% genuine answers, don't sugar coat your opinions based on if mine differs lol It won't offend me.
{Too much :p }
Anyways, I breastfeed Bella in public with no cover. I tried covering with her for the first month or so (not because I thought I had to, but I thought I personally would be more comfortable doing it covered ), but it was so hard and she hates it. ( I don't blame her, I'd hate it to). Then one day, waiting in line at the pharmacy I was just like eh, screw it. Popped my boob out and that was that. I've never noticed any mean/ disapproving looks. In fact I have had a few people see me struggle and when I apologise they say there's nothing to apologise for, etc. I think it's okay for a woman to cover if that's what they are most comfortable with, but I don't think a woman should have to feel like they HAVE to cover. I don't think a woman should have to hurry through shopping to get their hungry baby to a car to be fed. (And I definitely think a woman should never have to breast feed in a restroom. I did that once and never again. {Okay except at my house when I really have to pee. But my bathroom is different lol}

Which makes me wonder. I'm in a breastfeeding group and I see alot of posts where people have had negative reactions to public breast feeding and I wonder if that's more often to happen. Or maybe people are just more likely to post their negative encounters and not the positive ones. Idk.

But, what's your stance on it. Does it make you uncomfortable? Do you think it's okay but only if a woman covers up?

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Breastfeeding in public

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 months ago

Feeding a baby is the entire reason that women have breasts, so I think that being angry that a woman is breastfeeding where others can see is quite silly.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Yumika
Cutie
Reactions:

Breastfeeding in public

Post by Yumika » 3 months ago

They are not hurting anyone. Breastfeeding is entirely natural, as intended. It is not rude or indecent.

However, mothers should cover up while in a busy area. There are people with impure thoughts who will watch, unfortunately.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Breastfeeding in public

Post by Juneberry » 3 months ago

I personally think it should be up to the mother whether to cover or not. Comfort is a big deal, and you're not doing something that's insanely comfortable to begin with, I assume (naturally, I've got no idea what it's like to breastfeed, but it can't be cozy once the teeth slowly start growing in to join the club).

Breastfeeding is natural and generally healthier for the baby than my immediate introduction to formula. I feel happy when I see a mother willingly put her breast to her baby's mouth- it makes me feel hope for the baby's future, because they're getting nutrients in a way much better for them than formula many times. So personally, I'd almost rather see it happen more than it is these days.

That said, Yumika has a point. There are perverts out there... But I personally wouldn't want that to stop a mother and baby being comfy during a feeding. I'd rather just bop that perv's head for them.

Cassieboo
MeowsePad's Boss
Reactions:
Mood:

Breastfeeding in public

Post by Cassieboo » 3 months ago

I guess the pervert angle I don't really think about, which sounds bad but, the way I see it is people get their kicks off of so many things. Basically for every little action that exists, there is a person who could get off on it. (I don't know if I'm explaining this well)
Basically you're always running the risk that someone's getting off in something you're doing when you're in public. And to be honest, so long as they don't bother me, take pictures of me or blatantly start making it obvious that they are perving on me, I don't really care. (I do care if people are perving on my baby but I think feeding my baby is most important and fighting with a cover actually exposes more {with a baby who hates it and constantly unlatches to fly the cover off, leaving breast and nipple for all to see versus just breastfat that isn't covered by a baby's head when they are latched} )
I really hope that didn't come off really bad and make me sound like an awful mom. o.o Obviously if I feel like someone's perving on us I would unlatched her and move elsewhere really quick.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Breastfeeding in public

Cassieboo wrote:
3 months ago
I guess the pervert angle I don't really think about, which sounds bad but, the way I see it is people get their kicks off of so many things. Basically for every little action that exists, there is a person who could get off on it. (I don't know if I'm explaining this well)
You explained it well and make a very good point! Also I totally adore how sweet you are, not minding if it's yourself and only caring for your little angel~ Now that's good mothering! But I think Meowsey might not be as okay with pervs seeing you in a pervy way the same you do in general~

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Breastfeeding in public

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 3 months ago

It doesn't matter. People will do what they do. xD
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Breastfeeding in public

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
3 months ago
It doesn't matter. People will do what they do. xD
You're so calm about this~ o3o

masterminor
Cutie
Reactions:
United States of America

Breastfeeding in public

Post by masterminor » 3 months ago

I don't have an issue with it, I prefer not to watch but I would just look away since it makes me uncomfortable to watch something so intimate (In a strengthing relationship sense, not sexual) between a mother and a child. Rule 34 aside.

SpacewardAsh
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Breastfeeding in public

Post by SpacewardAsh » 3 months ago

As long as it is discrete and does not disrupt anybody within a public place, then I see no problem at all. After all, it's a natural thing to do, right?