How do you focus on big projects?

[1.0x] Talk all about your life. Rants are welcome.
Ravenfreak
Content Creator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak » 3 months ago

What do you guys do to keep you motivated while working on big projects? Do you listen to music, or drink energy drinks? I've been working on and off my Sonic 1 Game Gear disassembly, and sometimes I can find it a bit difficult to focus on it. I tend to lose interest, and then go long periods without working on it. Lately I've had the drive to continue working on it, but I'm afraid soon I'm going to get bored with it again. :|

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 3 months ago

When I work on my novel I'll usually put on some music that's preferably instrumental while I write. I'll also take frequent breaks to recollect my thoughts. In college I could crank out massive research papers that took most people months in a weekend with this method.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Post by Juneberry » 3 months ago

I find music helps me only a certain amount of the time. My motivator tends to either be pressure (which I suck with) or motivation from others (probably my primary). That said, my biggest project is decluttering my room, and I haven't gotten back to it recently... But the way I was working on it was in spurts, which I do with writing projects as well. In fact, a lot of writing communities have 'word sprints' where we write for a set amount of time (or words) and sometimes race each other to see who can get there fastest/get the most words depending. I can get competitive, so it's a good aid- and if no one's around to sprint with me, I just try to beat my previous abilities.