Cryptocurrency

[1.0x] Chat with your fellow forumers about anything that your heart desires.
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Cryptocurrency

Post by slooroo » 1 month ago

So is anyone involved in crypto? I find the topic fascinating but I only want ways besides spending money to earn coins. Mining also isn't realistic for me at the time. I'd love to hear tips from people though. I'm trying out RollerCoin right now that pays Bitcoin for playing games.

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

Cryptocurrency

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

My dad was collecting Satoshis for a while (apparently it was a form of cryptocurrency) but apparently he's stopped. I personally barely understand it, so I'm not even going to try getting into it at this point. ^^; I know for some people it can get a lot of money fast though.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Cryptocurrency

Juneberry wrote:
1 month ago
My dad was collecting Satoshis for a while (apparently it was a form of cryptocurrency) but apparently he's stopped. I personally barely understand it, so I'm not even going to try getting into it at this point. ^^; I know for some people it can get a lot of money fast though.
I got 3 satoshi. I'm so wealthy. Maybe someday I'll have a full bitcoin. I should've took the free ones back when you get hundreds of them for nothing.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Re: Cryptocurrency

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 1 month ago

Juneberry wrote:
1 month ago
I don't really understand cryptocurrency either. I don't get what gives it its value.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Essentially crypto is worth as much as the community values it. If this sounds ridiculous that's because Bitcoin was partly a political statement about how national currency works too. The USD is only worth something as long as the US is good for paying their debts.

Spook of the lost
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost » 1 day ago

I used to have a few bitcoins I mined back when it was possible to mine them using a halfway decent GPU instead of a dedicated rig.

but I lost them during a hard drive crash... I was a dumb kid back then who was messing with stuff for the hell of it.

still it's always interesting because crypto currencies are always changing, I kinda regretted not trying to buy up bitcoins during the most recent crash, I could have watched them go up in value again.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 23 hours ago

I couldn't ever make myself buy crypto simply because I see it more as a silly thing to mess with on the side than an actual investment.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 14 hours ago

For the most part, it seems to be. A few people have gotten wealthy from Bitcoin, but the vast majority of people view it as a side hustle.

Spook of the lost
Reactions:
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost » 12 hours ago

Princess MeowsePad wrote:
14 hours ago
For the most part, it seems to be. A few people have gotten wealthy from Bitcoin, but the vast majority of people view it as a side hustle.
Unless you buy stuff on the darknet, there's some niche hacking tools on the darknet and Bitcoin is the main currency there. I'd never buy anything there though, considering the other stuff for sale on it.

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Argentina

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 10 hours ago

I can't imagine that anything on the darknet is worth the risk to buy. xD