MeowsePoll 15: Pokemon Generations

[1.0x]

Which pokemon generation do you like best?

Gen I
No votes
Gen II
100%
Gen III
No votes
Gen IIII
No votes
Gen V
No votes
Gen VI
No votes
Gen VII
No votes
Gen VIII
No votes

Total votes: 3

Juneberry
Administrator
Reactions:
United States of America

MeowsePoll 15: Pokemon Generations

Post by Juneberry » 1 week ago

I felt like doing something related to Pokemon since it plays a big part in a lot of lives, but choosing a topic related to it was a bit difficult. I chose favorite generation mostly because it can kind of round up all the bits and pieces that would be too long to do a poll with. I know there's a lot of options, but I'm not giving you multiple picks this time around. Now that MeowsePolls are monthly instead of weekly, you have plenty of time to think over your answer. You can even talk it out and get help figuring out what really is your favorite, if you might need to! :)

Note, while multiple picks is disabled, you're welcome to change your vote if you change your mind!

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Re: MeowsePoll 15: Pokemon Generations

Post by slooroo » 1 week ago

I've noted it in another thread or two but my favorite Pokemon Gen is Gen 2 aka Johto. Gen 2 had an art style that appealed to me, improved upon Gen 1 in many areas, and introduced many new exciting Pokemon. Silver I think is the best rival of the whole franchise and seeing the son of Giovanni go from selfish, cruel thief to a slightly edgy but overall much, much kinder person thanks to you is a very rewarding feeling. The Johto gym leaders I find are also really memorable when you consider things like Whitney being upset about losing or Claire being so angry about someone surpassing her she tries to cheat you out of your badge until her own master criticizes her. I also really liked the sort of ancient Japan feeling some of the towns had as well. The remakes HGSS only adds more to Gen 2 that makes me like it more. One area of weakness though is Gen 2 Rocket while they do memorable things like Slowpoke tails is perhaps less memorable due to being the zealous remnants but Gen 2 is a sequel of sorts to Gen 1 so it makes sense. That said Gen 3 raised up many points for me in recent years thanks to ORAS. ORAS fixed a lot of the messes the original Gen 3 had storywise.

nate9000
Cutie
Reactions:
Mood:
Great Britain

Re: MeowsePoll 15: Pokemon Generations

Post by nate9000 » 4 days ago

I started out with first gen and do inherently love first gen. but I really really love cyndaquil so very much. So i have to embrace second gen. not solely on the count of cyndaquil mind you, there are other notables but cyndaquil is my goto second gen love.