Employees Ghosting Employers

[4.0x] Engage in civil discussion about serious, real-life topics.
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Employees Ghosting Employers

Post by slooroo » 2 weeks ago

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/24/employe ... harge.html

Short thought: LOL

Longer thought: Gee it's almost like decades of companies treating people like shit is having people treat them like shit back. Oh no how horrible! Reap what you sow fuckers

Princess MeowsePad
Administrator
Reactions:
Referrals: 9
Argentina

Re: Employees Ghosting Employers

Post by Princess MeowsePad » 2 weeks ago

Oh, boo-hoo. People are being rude to soulless corporations that have been stealing from the poor for centuries. Funny how when corporations lay off or fire employees, it's "just a business decision and nothing personal," and they don't owe those former employees anything. However, when employees bail out on employers, there's such a thing as "basic courtesy." Just goes to show that corporations are people and people are not.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 2 weeks ago

I wish I could link Boomerbook because the comments to that news story is hilarious. I love where one HR guy is like "Hurr my company doesn't owe you anything so why do you expect me to send you an answer about your application???" Well for one companies like yours are the ones bitching that employees don't want to work for you anymore and potential new employees are ghosting you. It's almost like corporations treating people like shit and that they're just worthless cogs that can be replaced easily inspires zero loyalty or respect. It's absolutely baffling to me. Even aristocratic land owners and slave owners had more awareness than corporations in that regard.

Yumika
Cutie
Reactions:

Post by Yumika » 1 week ago

Good! People of all ages have had enough. Hours might not be enough to cover the lackluster pay and compensate for nonexistent "benefits" (a lot of dead-end jobs want to harp on about so-called "benefits", but they're usually for things like dependents, which does NOT apply to anyone who is single OR childless), so why should people have to kiss employers' asses?

On the other hand, you might find yourself in a situation where it's either swallowing your pride or possibly ending up homeless or broke. Work should only be for income, anyway. Put minimal effort when the wage sucks dick and the boss sucks even bigger dick. If your boss is cool OR you get paid pretty well, it might not hurt to fight for those extra hours and overtime (if you REALLY need the money).

Sadly, corporations have too much power over mere ants like ourselves. There needs to be a massive, worldwide REVOLT in order to have a fighting chance. It's likely never happening, because many people are self-absorbed and don't pay any attention to the world around them.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Reactions:
Mood:
United States of America

Post by slooroo » 1 week ago

Company benefits in most companies are a massive joke and you likely won't see those benefits anyway because only the manager gets it because everyone else works 39.9 hours of "part time work" plus 100000000000+ "volunteer hours" that has zero benefits and shit pay